That's a white sox winner!

Balta1701

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
I assume the reason I had to make this thread is that everyone else is finally exhaling and breathing after the last 4 days and nearly passing out.

Yes sir!

Players of the Game:

Soto :cheers

Conor :cheers :cheers :cheers

Robertson :cheers

Adams :cheers

and for saving our bullpen from a rough day:

Jeff S :cheers

Got to hand it to Jeff Smardshark for bearing down after that rocky second ining. Maybe this is a good sign... I hope so. The game ended with Robrtson doing what we signed him to do. Awesome ending striking out the side. Shuck came through with his basehit to plate the eventual winning run :cheers

I was really impressed with Soto today. I thought his offensive approach was solid. Robertson was filthy, it was nice to finally see him in a save situation. I'm glad Shark settled down after a shaky start. Lets get closer to .500 with a win tomorrow. Thank goodness Sale is back!

QUOTE (SouthWallace @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
Robertson was filthy! Nice all around effort after the 2nd inning. and Sale goes tomorrow!

The shadows help pitchers with a good breaking ball like him.

Team looked like a real baseball team after that awful top half of the 2nd. Hopefully we can turn things around now. Conor and Avi look really good at the plate so far, and Soto might play his way into the starting role. The top of the order needs to pick it up, but god damn it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Finally a win.

I think those of us who b**** and moan a lot need to post after victories. Nice win today. Homers from two new guys and our closer was awesome and our set-up guy was effective. Gotta love that.

I didn't get to watch the game so I don't know if the Sox were crisp defensively or not. Sounds like Shark did a nice job. I'm sure people were freaking during the 4-run second vs. a crappy Twins team.

Good job White Sox. 1-4 is a start. Would be nice to win this series.

The White Sox looked like a little league team in the second.

Avy took a terrible route in RF to start things off and then the wheels came off the wagon.

Alexei made a great leaping stab at full extension, Melky had a nice snare in LF that wouldnt have been flagged down last year and Micah had a glove flip (if he transferred to hand, safe) that barely clipped the runner at 1b.

Soto also threw out a runner at 2b ( review overturned safe call ), first caught stealing of the year.