Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Oh OK. Gotcha.

Just my opinion but the Yankees and Dodgers make the most sense.

The Yankees don't act like they belong in the World Series every year now that George Steinbrenner is gone and his son is in charge. With old George in charge heads would roll , trades would be made and they'd overpay because they are the Yankees and anything short of a World Series win is not acceptable.

I've seen they are already balking that they won't make trades unless the asking prices come down. Now whether or not that includes talks with the Sox , no idea , but it's sure not the Yankees of old we're dealing with.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)
The Yankees don't act like they belong in the World Series every year now that George Steinbrenner is gone and his son is in charge. With old George in charge heads would roll , trades would be made and they'd overpay because they are the Yankees and anything short of a World Series win is not acceptable.

I've seen they are already balking that they won't make trades unless the asking prices come down. Now whether or not that includes talks with the Sox , no idea , but it's sure not the Yankees of old we're dealing with.

The way I understood it was the Yankees were referring to Hamels and Cueto according to this quote from mlbtraderumors.

From that same piece, Marchand also notes that the Yankees aren’t likely to obtain an ace starter like Johnny Cueto or Cole Hamels “unless prices drop significantly.”

Imo, the Yankees are very much interested though I have not seen anything directly related to Samardzija.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 02:25 PM)
The way I understood it was the Yankees were referring to Hamels and Cueto according to this quote from mlbtraderumors.

From that same piece, Marchand also notes that the Yankees aren't likely to obtain an ace starter like Johnny Cueto or Cole Hamels "unless prices drop significantly."

Imo, the Yankees are very much interested though I have not seen anything directly related to Samardzija.

I'm sure the Yankees are interested but if they think they can dictate the price well you come right back at them with thsi team offered us so and so for him. You must top that. Especially if it's team in the Yankees division.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
I'm sure the Yankees are interested but if they think they can dictate the price well you come right back at them with thsi team offered us so and so for him. You must top that. Especially if it's team in the Yankees division.

Absolutely and that's exactly what will happen. The ALE has four teams seperated by 2.5 games so theres going to be plenty of bidding for Samardzija.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:54 AM)
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/video?vid=478574147976

Talks about the Sox at the 3 minute mark. It's about Samardzija and the Blue Jays.

Morosi makes it seem like the Jays are desperate for SP and really want Shark. I really think they will overpay for him.

last week, it was rumored that Tor needed a sp and a pen guy. now it is only sp??

looking at their T30, in the top 10, except for Pompey and their ss, that whole system has a nice collections of arms.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 05:58 PM)
Do you see gregs name at the top of that post with the stats? :P

I didn't look up or print those stats in the post, but they were incredible. I congratulate you for such a great post!! Stat filled and excellent!

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
Toronto will get a first hand look at shark when he pitches against them on thursday.

tor has a really good of young arms.

however i like the yanks, if they start off will G Sanchez-cat in the rtn.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:48 AM)
tor has a really good of young arms.

however i like the yanks, if they start off will G Sanchez-cat in the rtn.

I think Sanchez is a bit overrated. If the Yankees are calling, I'm starting out the conversation with Severino or Judge.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
I think Sanchez is a bit overrated. If the Yankees are calling, I'm starting out the conversation with Severino or Judge.

severino yes, judge no, i would still want sanchez, b/c the sox doesn't have a cat in the system.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)

Judge is the guy for me. I doubt you're getting Severino anyway, and why waste your time.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
Judge is the guy for me. I doubt you're getting Severino anyway, and why waste your time.

Exactly, but you start out with Severino and work your way from there. If Sanchez is the headliner of a Samardzija deal, I would be disappointed.

If Samardzija pitches well against the Jays on Thursday, I really think they will overpay for him.

Like Norris, Pentecost and Pompey

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
severino yes, judge no, i would still want sanchez, b/c the sox doesn't have a cat in the system.

Sanchez is still a project defensively and the bat has not developed the way it was projected to, so he would be a good throw in at this point. If he is the headliner you need to be getting some high upside low level guys along with him. A package like Sanchez, Miguel Andujar, and Domingo Acevedo would be intriguing, though substituting Jagielo for Sanchez would make more sense.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)

but this system needs to fix the holes of the system. if the sox are trading, it is get players to fix the team as a rtn.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:05 AM)
Exactly, but you start out with Severino and work your way from there. If Sanchez is the headliner of a Samardzija deal, I would be disappointed.

If Samardzija pitches well against the Jays on Thursday, I really think they will overpay for him.

Like Norris, Pentecost and Pompey

I agree. I also think it's important to focus on higher-upside, closer-to-the-majors bats than pitchers, catchers and lower-minors projects. Judge would be perfect, IMO.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)

I'm with you on that idea. The Sox system is starved for power and catchers so for me, I'd ask for Judge and Sanchez while offering a reliever with Samardzija.

I really like Severino but I doubt the Yankees are crazy enough to trade him for a rental.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
If the Yankees want Shark, Judge is the perfect return. Big power, good OBP, and an excellent fielder despite his monstrous size.

And could always be turned into a 1B if necessary. At 6'7" he would be a huge target for infielders throwing over to 1B.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:08 AM)
Sanchez is still a project defensively and the bat has not developed the way it was projected to, so he would be a good throw in at this point. If he is the headliner you need to be getting some high upside low level guys along with him. A package like Sanchez, Miguel Andujar, and Domingo Acevedo would be intriguing, though substituting Jagielo for Sanchez would make more sense.

Acevedo is nasty, I've had the chance to watch him (because he plays for the team I work for), though it's admittedly tough to tell how stuff translates to higher levels when you're seeing them throw to Single A hitters.