6/15 at Pittsburgh Pirates

flavum

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching highlights from early in the game, it still pisses me off how many fastballs Rodon threw. The Pirates swung and missed a ton of offspeed pitches yesterday vs Hamels. Not sure why the game plan was so reliant on fastballs early in the count.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
Easily worst game of the season. Trifecta of bad pitching, defense and hitting. Changes need to be made with this roster.

It is not working no matter how much smoke the Sox management try to blow up our ass.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 03:00 AM)
It is not working no matter how much smoke the Sox management try to blow up our ass.

Tonight's lineup had no chance of scoring more than a run or two. Just too many holes right now with a lack of talent in AAA to fill all the gaps.

I've defended Hahn all season, but if he doesn't shuffle the roster soon, I'm going to question his ability as a GM.

Noesi & Flowers should be DFA tonight. Sanchez should be sent down. Bring up Kotteras, Micah, and an arm. These changes may not work, but we have to try something different. The season is nearing it's breaking point and it's going to be quite sad if we keep having to watch an #8/#9 of Flowers & Sanchez fail day after day.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
If you rebuild, you better have good talent scouts and developers

I'd say the evidence so far in this century is that they don't. This is where the whole trade for prospects idea will not work. I wonder how many former big league managers would want to run this team that has no future.

11-0? Oh well, at least we drew one base on balls. This team remains a laughingstock. I have no idea how it gets hot and every once in a while sweeps a Houston or somebody else.

If I wanted to use a cliche, I could say these guys have quit. One walk tonight? Lots of quality at bats I see. Pathetic.

Thank goodness for the Blackhawks. Thanks to that great team nobody gives a s*** about that pathetic 11-0 loss and four-game losing streak. This team has stunk ever since Eaton decided to be a little whiny jerk over his benching.

Edited by greg775

Which was reportedly one of the reasons the DBacks were eager to let Eaton go (and, of course, they had AJ Pollock behind him on the depth chart).

He's seemingly fine when things are going well for the team or he's doing well himself, but when circumstances aren't exactly ideal...well, you get the drift. We'll see how well he gets along with Melky, Alexei, Samardzija, LaRoche, Duke and Robertson when everything is going against them.

For awhile, the whole "I'm the one who stirs the drink" thing was cute, though. Like Harrelson's The Will To Win, the team's play didn't last long enough for it to become much of anything besides a joke's punchline.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 01:31 AM)
This team is playing bad enough that people will lose their job. Hahn needs to be accountable for some of these holes he left coming into this season. I don't necessarily think he should be fired, but he needs to shake things up.

I think you guys are right, who are saying there will be firings. Somebody else said there's too many games like this, which I would agree with. Too much bizarre baseball. With the Blackhawks winning it all again and fans about ready to ignore the White Sox all summer (is it officially summer, yet?) they might as well fire Robin, Coop and Steverson. However, that would cause a coach shortage throughout the system, or worse ... I could see it now. Buddy Bell would be named interim manager (and you damn well know if the team played .500 the rest of the year he'd get the job next year, ugh!). But like you all have said, this team is so pathetic some heads have to roll.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 11:47 PM)
I don't think Davidson will hit over .200, but if he can play good defense and hit 16-20 homers in a season, I think I would take that at 3b over the current platoon.

Me too. Might as well give him six weeks. At least it would be interesting. If he hits like Sanchez after five, six weeks ... next!

It’s the 12th time this season the White Sox have lost by at least five runs.

“It went downhill pretty quick,” center fielder Adam Eaton said. “You hope you can get more than two hits offensively. Defensively you have three errors and throw the ball around and its not a good sign. But this is a good team. We’ve got to continue to work hard and try to compete every game and every at-bat. But we need to start doing it a little more frequently and grind out at-bats and same thing on the mound and defensively it has got to be much better.”

www.csnchicago.com/Dan Hayes

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)
It’s the 12th time this season the White Sox have lost by at least five runs.

“It went downhill pretty quick,” center fielder Adam Eaton said. “You hope you can get more than two hits offensively. Defensively you have three errors and throw the ball around and its not a good sign. But this is a good team. We’ve got to continue to work hard and try to compete every game and every at-bat. But we need to start doing it a little more frequently and grind out at-bats and same thing on the mound and defensively it has got to be much better.”

www.csnchicago.com/Dan Hayes

here is something to think about.

sox lost 11-0. the sox didn't even score a run.

the team gave up.