6/16 White Sox at Pirates

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least there was a sense of IMMEDIACY with PHing LaRoche there.

He was, after all, 5 for 7 lifetime against Morton before that at-bat.

At any rate, the White Sox would be 71-126 on the road since the beginning of 2013, the victims of 3 road sweeps already.

"Nothing to do with coaching. They just suck and it's hopeless."

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
It'' start to heat back up once we trade some guys haha.

If they DON'T trade Samardzija, the outcry will last for a week or so.

What would be more fun (as a debate topic) would be a Quintana trade, but that's about as likely to happen as Ventura resigning or being fired, or Buddy Bell or KW doing the same.

It would be cool if we could see if in one of those parallel universes (like in Interstellar) a front office team made up of the entire Black Hawks front office teamed with the top two lieutenants of Jeffrey Luhnow and see how quickly they could turn this mess around, compared to the current group.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 07:50 PM)
Really needs to be changes prior to tomorrow's game. This lack of production is inexcusable. What a waste of resources by Hahn this past offseason.

How many times have we said "really needs to be changes....before next week, before they come back to Chicago, before the next homestand, before they're too far out of it, etc."

Maybe the reason they haven't fired Steverson is because they realize that absolutely nobody will be in the least bit pacified. It is curious how he's not under more heat, but it's not like he has a long track record with the team, either...like Walker did. Perhaps it's also because he was brought in from outside the organization, so there's the belief it's not just a nepotism hire.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
Really needs to be changes prior to tomorrow's game. This lack of production is inexcusable. What a waste of resources by Hahn this past offseason.

All great moves at the time in my opinion. They just haven't performed to career numbers.

2 games,$400 or so with concessions, 7 hits; 0 runs; still a lovely time and great ballpark. Yes the white sox are this bad. Congrats on 7 below, worst of the season so far and looking forward to 8 below tomorrow at this pace. If somehow we win tomorrow the Cole vs Danks on Thursday doesn't exactly look favorable.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
Another 0-5 road trip :sweep:

Way past time for jobs to be lost, back to back shutouts

The Pirates' pitching staff is just rolling right now...we're at the point where we're closer to 10 games under .500 than the .500 mark and they're really in jeopardy of losing 80% of the fans for the remainder of the season.

Tuning out wasn't so easy to do in 2007 and 2009, but it has become something of a habit over the last 5 years (with the lone exception of 2012).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
Really needs to be changes prior to tomorrow's game. This lack of production is inexcusable.

Yup, this s*** is beyond ridiculous. I said it last night and I'll say it again, Flowers, Noesi, & Sanchez need to be off the 25 man roster ASAP. I'd probably can Steverson too, as our approach outside of a few guys has been pathetic. Most likely not fair to place the blame on him, but change is desperately needed in some capacity. Hahn better wake the f*** up soon or the blame should start falling on him IMO.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
The Pirates' pitching staff is just rolling right now...we're at the point where we're closer to 10 games under .500 than the .500 mark and they're really in jeopardy of losing 80% of the fans for the remainder of the season.

Tuning out wasn't so easy to do in 2007 and 2009, but it has become something of a habit over the last 5 years (with the lone exception of 2012).

Everybody that pitches against Sox is rolling enough is enough.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 07:56 PM)
All great moves at the time in my opinion. They just haven't performed to career numbers.

Eventually, all the "great moves" in the world get managers and GM's in any professional sport fired...it's unavoidable when the win/loss record is so bad and fan apathy is so high.

It would be ONE thing if the future looked brighter, if the "suffering" was worth it, but there's hardly a light at the end of the tunnel right now.

How much longer do we have to hear Robin talk about guys who need to perform? Where's the urgency? It seems like none of the players give a rats ass at this point and they can get away with it. What is Rick Hahn doing to fix this? He lets Robin throw the same lineup out there day after day.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)

I can't say that trading 4 young players for a rent, and wasting the opportunity of not selling a single player high were great moves.

Hahn's one confirmed great move was the Peavy trade, and in that case, there was a tradeable commodity and KW was involved.

I have no problem giving him a chance without Williams. But this org. needs a real cleansing.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 09:08 PM)
I can't say that trading 4 young players for a rent, and wasting the opportunity of not selling a single player high were great moves.

Hahn's one confirmed great move was the Peavy trade, and in that case, there was a tradeable commodity and KW was involved.

I have no problem giving him a chance without Williams. But this org. needs a real cleansing.

Phegley had no future with the organization, neither did Ravelo because of Abreu and LaRoche. Only real value they gave up in my opinion is Semien and he has 21 errors in 63 games.

Sox had and still might have intentions of extending Shark.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
Phegley had no future with the organization, neither did Ravelo because of Abreu and LaRoche. Only real value they gave up in my opinion is Semien and he has 21 errors in 63 games.

Sox had and still might have intentions of extending Shark.

Exactly. And if we get something better back (trade/draft pick compensation) that turns out to be better than Semien, that's a win in my book.