Paniagua Released!

kane0730

I said in other posts that I didn't know why the guy was up with the team since he performed below expectations at Charlotte. Any idea if someone from the minors might get a call? Doesn't speak well for the Sox system when teams are bringing up these so called phenoms and we don't have anybody to help in the sytem, or at least that is ready to perform.

Now when we have a big lead, and we need to give the bullpen a rest....

STOP!!!!

BILLY TIME!!!!!!

I agree, if we have more than a 5 run lead.

He gives up ONE run, Hook Him.

He didn't have a lot of 1-2-3 innings with Oakland last year. He gives up a hit or two, let it play out, if a run scores on a Sacrifice ANything, keep him in, but if they get one more hit after that, hook him.

:cheers  Good move. Now when is the press release where KW slapped teh s*** out of JM for leaving his worthless ass in there so long? That was too damn close last night for teh way the game went .

Ohhh, BOO HOO HOO, Maury, you Jerrybasher, you!!!

:D

Damn, I was just gonna go get my Joey Bread-and-Water jersey!!!!

Good riddance to bad rubbish!!!

Oh, and Joey, on your way out...... :fyou to you too...

I was looking for a post from "everyone's favorite old man" saying at least the guy was trying, unlike the tub of goo who pitched a complete game.

I really like the intensity he shows. I think he could have really lit up this team

Do you think his agent accepted his collect call this afternoon?

Now when we have a big lead, and we need to give the bullpen a rest....

STOP!!!!

BILLY TIME!!!!!!

I agree, if we have more than a 5 run lead.

He gives up ONE run, Hook Him.

He didn't have a lot of 1-2-3 innings with Oakland last year. He gives up a hit or two, let it play out, if a run scores on a Sacrifice ANything, keep him in, but if they get one more hit after that, hook him.

I think its important for Billy to get some playing time, but the guy needs to be on a VERY short leash.

It seems to me the Sox have been a better team when Koch wasn't in a position to pitch. While having him be effective would be a huge boost to the bullpen, the odds against that are staggering. He, like Paniagua, struggled at Charlotte. His velocity was the same as it was prior to his injury. I don't think 5 runs is enough. The Sox would have to have a 6 run lead, like last night, and 3 baserunners is the best I would give him, unless the first 2 men got on. Then he would be yanked. I give him a little more slack then I would Paniagua, Paniagua had no reason to be on the team, and there was no reason to think he would be effective.