Yasiel Puig

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 07:40 AM)
well it is official, the dodgers front office has told puig that he will not be traded .....

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/07/dodg...-trade-him.html

Sometimes teams will do this to gain leverage on teams they are dealing with. Give us more type tactic. Why else make this public so quick. They want to know that team to know they will keep him so pay up.

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
Sometimes teams will do this to gain leverage on teams they are dealing with. Give us more type tactic. Why else make this public so quick. They want to know that team to know they will keep him so pay up.

nice strategy ..... can backfire.

Puig now available for the right deal according to Nightengale on Twitter

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 48m48 minutes ago The #Dodgers have let teams know that Yasiel Puig is available in the right deal, but teams showing much more interest in their prospects.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
Really ? Where you hearing that ? I've suggested a deal could be a blockbuster.

It's me connecting the dots. I know for a fact KW is itching. On rundown today Phil Rogers mentioned COL and CWS as a match for maybe Tulo or CarGo and threw out Tim andersons name.

Now all the Q talk is coming out after we won.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:45 PM)
It's me connecting the dots. I know for a fact KW is itching. On rundown today Phil Rogers mentioned COL and CWS as a match for maybe Tulo or CarGo and threw out Tim andersons name.

Wonder if we could find a way to acquire Tulo and Puig without losing Sale/Rodon

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
Wonder if we could find a way to acquire Tulo and Puig without losing Sale/Rodon

Well, if we were to attempt to acquire either guy, it'd probably mean we are going for it, which also probably means we aren't dealing a guy like Sale or Rodon.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:49 PM)
Well, if we were to attempt to acquire either guy, it'd probably mean we are going for it, which also probably means we aren't dealing a guy like Sale or Rodon.

I have every amount of faith in KW to trade away a talent like Rodon is some effort to get a bat solely based on a 5 game spree from a sub .500 team.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:45 PM)

I don't think there's any way they move Q . And even trading Shark now especially right before his next start tomorrow in the middle of a streak would devastate the team moral I think. This is going right down to the wire.

I think its possible to match up with the Dodgers. Maybe Shark , Eric Johnson and others for Puig. It would generate huge buzz around the Sox and their fanbase.

Edit: Ok my bad Have to keep Johnson to replace Shark . But I still think IF there's a trade and who the hell knows at this point it could be a big deal with lots of moving pieces but not Q . Losing Shark and Q would be a huge loss.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
I don't think there's any way they move Q . And even trading Shark now especially right before his next start tomorrow in the middle of a streak would devastate the team moral I think. This is going right down to the wire.

I think its possible to match up with the Dodgers. Maybe Shark , Eric Johnson and others for Puig. It would generate huge buzz around the Sox and their fanbase.

Oh if we could package Shark for Puig I'd love it. Issue is Puig is cost controlled. Shark is a rental. Doesn't match up.

I've got no interest in moving Q.

I don't even want to move Shark.

We should be able to get a bat if we take on some money in the short term without moving too much of the farm.

Given what we've seen from Sanchez and Saladino, Micah is looking like the odd man out to me.

My guess is something like MJ and Spencer Adams are the guys they are willing to move.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
I've got no interest in moving Q.

I don't even want to move Shark.

We should be able to get a bat if we take on some money in the short term without moving too much of the farm.

Given what we've seen from Sanchez and Saladino, Micah is looking like the odd man out to me.

My guess is something like MJ and Spencer Adams are the guys they are willing to move.

Bats are at a premium now so it will be tough.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 10:45 PM)

Trading Tim Anderson for CarGo would be a horrific move. I'd do Avi or some lesser prospects if the Rockies ate a little bit of salary, but no way in hell am I trading my #1 prospect for him.

As for Tulo, he's got $98M left in guaranteed money after this season, is over 30, & never is healthy. He's way too risky of an acquisition for us, especially if he's going to cost a s***load of talent (Anderson being just one of many pieces).

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
Bats are at a premium now so it will be tough.

I don't know. I'm not guessing that teams are lining up to take some of the Rockies hitters and their salaries.

Bmags was right on. A few years ago, Cargo/Tulo were primetime players...now, you're looking at being on the wrong end of some of these contracts.

I'd take the gamble with Cargo. Not so much with Tulowitzki.