Yasiel Puig

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
I feel like there's been another time or two where King randomly brought up some baseball trade rumors.

He could have been commissioner if he wanted to (supposedly). Guy loves baseball and I'm sure has a lot of connections (especially in LA). I wouldn't take this as typical "fan" speak. This is in between fan speak and media speak. Hell, it might be better then media speak.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
Would be kind of funny if Samardzija was used to sweeten a deal centered around Q. The Dodgers really could use two arms in the rotation.

If that were to truly happen, I'd expect Seager back.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
If that were to truly happen, I'd expect Seager back.

I absolutely think if the two are involved, you are looking at getting Puig + Seager. I suppose the Sox could look for Urias + Seager as the primary package, I'd just prefer Puig cause you have a more known commodity with major upside. I'd push hard for Puig / Seager / Barnes.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)
Same here. I would be looking for Seager, Holmes and Barnes.

If that is what we got for Shark & Q, I'd throw up. If we are trading both, we should be getting at least 2 of Puig / Segaer / Urias. In fact, give my view on Puig, I am not making that deal without Puig + Seager (because I prefer Seager to Urias given our needs...that said, I think Urias could be even better then Seager).

Went over to a Dodgers board and asked about the King tweet.

Poster said he would imagine King does have pretty good sources considering he hosts a Dodger show and has been a life long fan.

Poster said its probably about Samardzija, unless we wanna talk about Sale.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)

Poster said he would imagine King does have pretty good sources considering he hosts a Dodger show and has been a life long fan.

Q, underrated even in fantasy trade talks.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)
If that is what we got for Shark & Q, I'd throw up. If we are trading both, we should be getting at least 2 of Puig / Segaer / Urias. In fact, give my view on Puig, I am not making that deal without Puig + Seager (because I prefer Seager to Urias given our needs...that said, I think Urias could be even better then Seager).

Agreed. Urias is good. Like, really good. But, thinking it through, if the Sox really wanted a good, cost-controlled pitcher... they'd just keep Quintana. The upside of trading him is filling the holes on offense. So if I can only have two of those guys, I'm taking Puig and Seager. That's probably a more palatable trade for the Dodgers as well. With Urias out of there, maybe Barnes, Guerrero, et. al. come into play as well.

you know. if the sox does deal with puig, this would definitely add another superstar personality to the team..... great or season tickets and corp sponsorship money.

also this might add a spark to the team. however the holes needs to be mended.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 05:49 PM)
you know. if the sox does deal with puig, this would definitely add another superstar personality to the team..... great or season tickets and corp sponsorship money.

also this might add a spark to the team. however the holes needs to be mended.

Not sure I agree. Sox added Abreu last year who had a big year but I don't think it had a major impact on this year's season ticket sales.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
Not sure I agree. Sox added Abreu last year who had a big year but I don't think it had a major impact on this year's season ticket sales.

Puig has been the more recognized and talked about player though. Due to him being in LA I get that. But the buzz is always around him.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
Puig has been the more recognized and talked about player though. Due to him being in LA I get that. But the buzz is always around him.

Puig is so much more electric then Abreu (from marekting perspective). Puig isn't just exciting at the plate (like Abreu), he is exciting in the field (both good and bad) and on the basepaths. Puig is one of those rare guys you stop and watch because of what he can do on the field (again, both good and bad).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
Puig is so much more electric then Abreu (from marekting perspective). Puig isn't just exciting at the plate (like Abreu), he is exciting in the field (both good and bad) and on the basepaths. Puig is one of those rare guys you stop and watch because of what he can do on the field (again, both good and bad).

Yup. He would energize the fan base,

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)

Went over to the Dodgers board, yeah its a complete joke. They were coming at me, and don't think it would cost one of the big 3 to get Sale lol

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)
Went over to the Dodgers board, yeah its a complete joke. They were coming at me, and don't think it would cost one of the big 3 to get Sale lol

Some fans are delusional. "Bah! We're a top tier team we don't need to get rid of our top prospects! Arrrrrr!"

Edited by Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 11:57 PM)

and you have a point. however it is not the same in the marquee kind of attraction.

it was like big frank and rv on the team..... both great players, but big frank was the marquee player.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 12:42 AM)

:lol: :headbang

got to give you credit for have the big ones to go over there.

:notworthy

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 12:54 AM)
Some fans are delusional. "Bah! We're a top tier team we don't need to get rid of our top prospects! Arrrrrr!"

pls don't get me wrong. i am with you.

but the fans see 1 side of this.

and that is why i keep saying sox fans are smarter......... we are looking at the whole picture. it is the management and FO of the dodgers that may be feed up with puig.