Yasiel Puig

Y2Jimmy0

Maybe Larry King actually got a tip from someone in the Dodger's upper management. I strongly believe that the White Sox and Dodgers will make a blockbuster deal soon. I think the moving parts will be more than just Puig and Quintana, but those will be the main pieces in this deal. Even if we can't get Seager (sigh!), I would LOVE to acquire Austin Barnes as well.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
Maybe Larry King actually got a tip from someone in the Dodger's upper management. I strongly believe that the White Sox and Dodgers will make a blockbuster deal soon. I think the moving parts will be more than just Puig and Quintana, but those will be the main pieces in this deal. Even if we can't get Seager (sigh!), I would LOVE to acquire Austin Barnes as well.

I much prefer a Dodger deal now that Hoffman was traded by Jays.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:36 AM)

I've always wanted a Dodgers Sox deal. We match up well. It was almost assuredly be a blockbuster and will be sooner than later. Just connect the dots. Larry king says don't be surprised if these two make a deal before the deadline. Dodgers a few days ago say Puig won't be moved. Now say he will. Phil Rogers goes on Rundown and brings up COL as a possible match. Then after the game starts talking about Puig and Quintana. This move will happen quickly in my opinion. I wouldn't be shocked if we got one more start out of Quintana first though.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 04:04 PM)
I want to do one too...for Seager.

now that it appears the team is going to go in another direction. i can see the sox overpaying for what they need. so getting seager, while it is a great idea, he is a prospect and not really a player the sox needs now.

now is the kw, over paying rein will now start again.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
Re-opening this, not sure why it was closed. Just because Dodgers say they don't want to trade him doesn't mean they won't. See: Tulo.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 17h17 hours ago

The #Dodgers have let teams know that Yasiel Puig is available in the right deal, but teams showing much more interest in their prospects.

Actually the latest thing I heard is that he was available again.

• 3 weeks later...

From Dave Cameron's Fangraphs chat today:

If Puig does e moved this winter what type of package would he get? And what are some likely landing spots?

Dave Cameron: My guess is that the Dodgers will use him to land a different MLB player (or players) they like. I don’t see him getting moved for prospects, but I could see them trying to use him to go get another young cost-controlled SP. Maybe they offer him to the White Sox for Quintana and something?

Cameron is a pretty well connected guy. This may just be throwing s*** at the wall to see if it sticks, but there seems to be a little smoke here in regards to a Puig for Quintana swap.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)

If Puig does e moved this winter what type of package would he get? And what are some likely landing spots?

Dave Cameron: My guess is that the Dodgers will use him to land a different MLB player (or players) they like. I don’t see him getting moved for prospects, but I could see them trying to use him to go get another young cost-controlled SP. Maybe they offer him to the White Sox for Quintana and something?

Cameron is a pretty well connected guy. This may just be throwing s*** at the wall to see if it sticks, but there seems to be a little smoke here in regards to a Puig for Quintana swap.

Where he is wrong is the Quintanta + something. It would be Puig + something for Quintana. Q remains one of the most underrated players in the game.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
Where he is wrong is the Quintanta + something. It would be Puig + something for Quintana. Q remains one of the most underrated players in the game.

17th in fWAR right behind Lester and Cole. 9th last year, tied with Sale. But it'd be Q+ apparently, because baseball writers can't bother to do basic research.

If anything, it'd be something like EJ + prospects for Puig, which I doubt the Dodgers take.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
17th in fWAR right behind Lester and Cole. 9th last year, tied with Sale. But it'd be Q+ apparently, because baseball writers can't bother to do basic research.

If anything, it'd be something like EJ + prospects for Puig, which I doubt the Dodgers take.

I am passionately against trading Q for Puig, but realize something in that vein may be necessary to acquire an elite bat. I just don't think Puig is an elite bat, and he is a total asshat.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)

Is he? Maybe, but I've never known him as somebody who breaks trades or anything. I think he's just speculating.