That's Another White Sox Winner

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 04:38 AM)
For 2 games, this team has actually been fun to watch. Good D, smart baserunning, power hitting, solid pitching. Fun!

and start the momentum for the sox. nice....

but dang it. they are screwing up the draft pick order.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
The very 1st complete game and Shutout of Q's career deserves a winners thread does it not ? Of course it does !

Melky continues with the hot bat. :headbang

Abreu hit a HR :headbang

Alexei 3 hits , 2 RBI 2 SB :headbang

The King of the No Decision is dead . :headbang

Too bad the season is over.....in July yet again. Melky took 2 months to figure things out, Alexi appears to be coming around just in time for the last 60 games of the season....

It's depressing.

When does football start?

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 09:08 PM)
Too bad the season is over.....in July yet again. Melky took 2 months to figure things out, Alexi appears to be coming around just in time for the last 60 games of the season....

It's depressing.

When does football start?

CAMP OPENS NEXT WEEK! But the Sox will be 3 out of the WC by then so you're going to be torn.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)
For 2 games, this team has actually been fun to watch. Good D, smart baserunning, power hitting, solid pitching. Fun!

Here and there this season the White Sox have been a lot of fun to watch. It's been kind of a weird year. You enjoy them for a week or two and then it's back to corpseball. Repeat....enjoy....suffer.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 04:38 AM)

Amen, brother. It's why Hawk is the only one who hasn't given up on the season ... besides the great El Rockin of course.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 04:59 AM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 2h2 hours ago

Alexei Ramirez credited support of coaches for recent play. Said he and staff had a "friendly meeting" and it has helped. #WhiteSox

Yay. Good for our staff. I like hearing that. Lexi is a paradox. Sometimes he's the good Lexi. Many times the bad Lexi.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 06:46 AM)
Here and there this season the White Sox have been a lot of fun to watch. It's been kind of a weird year. You enjoy them for a week or two and then it's back to corpseball. Repeat....enjoy....suffer.

Nice post, Ed. You are right. Your post is one of the best of the year IMO.

As far as my take on the game, nice job Q. Melky is doing well lately. I still don't like him, but maybe he's OK as far as modern hitters go. Most are not very good and most are very streaky. And most don't have batting averages much better than Melkys.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)

Alexei Ramirez credited support of coaches for recent play. Said he and staff had a "friendly meeting" and it has helped. #WhiteSox

The friendly meeting went like this .

Staff:"dude you're playing like you don't want that $11M next year" .

Alexei : Que ? You mean I play good I make $11M ? OK I play good.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 10:59 PM)

They had a "friendly meeting"

Yeah...right...

Why couldn't they have one of these "friendly meetings" 2 months ago when they were still in contention?

I don't buy that BS for a second.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
They had a "friendly meeting"

Yeah...right...

Why couldn't they have one of these "friendly meetings" 2 months ago when they were still in contention?

I don't buy that BS for a second.

i don't either, alexei wears his heart on his sleeves, as the cliche goes. something was bothering him....

yeah they might have had a mtg but who else were in the mtg... any additional players, and who were the sox reps in that mtg.

thing needed to be cleared and i do believe that. but it was something altogether other than friendly.