White Sox Winner

pettie4sox

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
f*** THIS TEAM!

Yep, it is pretty sad actually. Reminds me a lot of the 2008 Tigers team after trading for Cabrera and Willis before the 2008 season, only to have a horrible season. We all know what happened to the Tigers team for many years after that. They were the class of the divsion. That is why I cringe at the thought of breaking up this rotation. I truly believe that we will all be very sorry that we are going to be depending on Johnson and Montas in the future when and if anybody is traded. I can almost guarantee it. They are overhyped. Johnson...yeah right. I have heard that song before.

Edited by soxfan85

Great game on a special day in Cleveland that should also be special to Sox fans , Larry Doby Day .

Sox outscoring Cleveland 24-4 in the 3 games with Rodon going tomorrow,

Carlos Sanchez hit his 1st ML HR and hitting .344 post AS game

Saladino 3 hits back over .300

Melky 3 hits 2 RBI

Abreu 2hits 3 RBI

Sale 7 IP ,7 H ,2 ER, 0 BB, 7 K

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
Yep, it is pretty sad actually. Reminds me a lot of the 2008 Tigers team after trading for Cabrera and Willis before the 2008 season, only to have a horrible season. We all know what happened to the Tigers team for many years after that. They were the class of the divsion. That is why I cringe at the thought of breaking up this rotation. I truly believe that we will all be very sorry that we are going to be depending on Johnson and Montas in the future when and if anybody is traded. I can almost guarantee it. They are overhyped. Johnson...yeah right. I have heard that song before.

Might not want to forget Rodon and Fulmer though both have a lot to prove of course , but both very high ceiling players.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 09:27 PM)
If the Sox think they can get to 84-78, they should stand pat.

That's 39-28 the rest of the way.

Sell?

No, they should not sell. The team is starting to gel. They should have gone 2-2 with KC but they blew the Saturday game. And they blew the second Cardinals game. But, why would we trade Shark to Toronto...when we are not even that far behind them and our pitching staff is way above the talent level of theirs? It just makes no sense to me. Look at the teams in front of us. I am not saying we are great, but we played the worst we possibly could play before the All Star break. And all the teams in front of us...they are just bad. And the Twins...just watch. They are going to fall in the next 2 months. We should let it play out. We are kidding ourselves if we think players that we will get in a trade will be of any value. It is wishful thinking. Nobody like Addison Russel will be coming our way. And quite frankly, I am not too impressed with him unless you like a overhyped 2B that can't hit.

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
Might not want to forget Rodon and Fulmer though both have a lot to prove of course , but both very high ceiling players.

I agree...they do have a lot to prove. And I believe in Rodon, and I believe in Fulmer. But a rotation of Sale, Shark, Q, Rodon, and Fulmer will be unreal. We have to remember Danks is coming off the books in 2017 and we still need a righty. I just don't think Johnson is that guy.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 07:42 PM)
The offensive surge is nice and so is winning,while it lasts. I still hope they trade Samardzija and hope even more they don't offer him the money he's been speculated to get this winter.

I am right there with you, too . But one caveat. If the teams wanting SP don't start making better offers , screw em, miss the playoffs then ya bastards !

Imagine if LaRoche wakes up (hahaha) or Avi starts hitting HR's ( uh huh, sure ) and Sanchez, Melky and Saladino continue to hit and the defense continues playing well. I'd love the Sox to NOT trade Shark and have the Sox pass all the teams who wouldn't pay for Shark and flip them the bird when we make the playoffs.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
I refuse to have hope. I want to. This pitching staff is good enough that if the White Sox offense is even average, they could make it.

But something about fool me once...

I've lost count how many times this has happened. One day at a time. From something I was reading today

Past performance does not guarantee future results. You should not rely on any past performance as a guarantee of future investment performance. Unit values and investment returns will fluctuate. Investors are cautioned that data based on less than five years’ experience may not be sufficient to establish a track record on which investment decisions can be based.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
If the Sox think they can get to 84-78, they should stand pat.

That's 39-28 the rest of the way.

Sell?

We're beating up the Cleveland Indians though, not the Royals. This team is a fraud with this lineup. Sell. Sell. Sell.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
I am right there with you, too . But one caveat. If the teams wanting SP don't start making better offers , screw em, miss the playoffs then ya bastards !

Imagine if LaRoche wakes up (hahaha) or Avi starts hitting HR's ( uh huh, sure ) and Sanchez, Melky and Saladino continue to hit and the defense continues playing well. I'd love the Sox to NOT trade Shark and have the Sox pass all the teams who wouldn't pay for Shark and flip them the bird when we make the playoffs.

You make me want to play the song " Imagine" . :)