Cespedes to the Mets according to Levine

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Billness33 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
Bob Nightengale (USA TODAY's baseball columnist) is reporting the Sox are currently on the phone with Detroit. They're looking to get Cespedes and move Garcia...

He didn't say anything about moving Garcia.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)
You can pretty much cancel the Cards off that list. Baltimore's farm system is an issue. The Angels have a pretty nice surplus of OF now. The other teams are a problem.

Royals made a huge splash. Not sure they make a whole lot of sense. Twins and Sox make most sense.

I've been skimming the Tigers message boards. Pretty amusing that they think we have zero in our farm system. Unless you count that whole pitching thing. But the Tigers dont need that right? One person suggested Danish.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 04:52 PM)
I've been skimming the Tigers message boards. Pretty amusing that they think we have zero in our farm system. Unless you count that whole pitching thing. But the Tigers dont need that right? One person suggested Danish.

I mentioned Danish and Wheeler for Cespedes.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 04:52 PM)

They're in no position to be criticizing other farm systems.

No one's going to have to empty the farm, or trade a top 100, for 2 months of these hitters.

I hope we get neither - don't give up young players for a slim chance at a wild card. I'd rather trade Shark and roll with Johnson and we'd probably not take much of a step back.

But of the 2, would far prefer Upton. Don't need any of these "I won't play RF" guys on team. Cespedes has a career OBP of .316. And don't want to send a player to Tigers.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
No one's going to have to empty the farm, or trade a top 100, for 2 months of these hitters.

I'd far prefer Upton. Don't need any of these "I won't play RF" guys on team. Cespedes has a career OBP of .316. And don't want to send a player to Tigers.

I tend to agree of the two I prefer Upton. Cespedes has never been a on base % guy. At least Upton offers other demensions in his game like speed. Both are streaky but I think Upton is the better bet. But don't get me wrong Id be happy with both.