Cespedes to the Mets according to Levine

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
Cue up the PS4!

Sox:

Cespedes

Upton

Tigers:

Avi Garcia

Erik Johnson

Chris Reed (LAD)

Padres:

Saladino

Zach Lee (LAD)

Joe Ross (WAS)

Nationals:

Laroche

Dodgers:

Shark

Dodgers current rotation is literally seven deep:

Kershaw

Greinke

Latos

Wood

Anderson

Bolsinger

Lee

Cue up the PS4!

Sox:

Cespedes

Upton

Tigers:

Avi Garcia

Erik Johnson

Chris Reed (LAD)

Padres:

Saladino

Zach Lee (LAD)

Joe Ross (WAS)

Nationals:

Laroche

Dodgers:

Shark

We get absolutely hosed in that deal, two rentals and we lose Shark?

Cue up the PS4!

Sox:

Cespedes

Upton

Tigers:

Avi Garcia

Erik Johnson

Chris Reed (LAD)

Padres:

Saladino

Zach Lee (LAD)

Joe Ross (WAS)

Nationals:

Laroche

Dodgers:

Shark

Nationals fans will be elated to have LaRoche back!

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:48 PM)
Dodgers current rotation is literally seven deep:

Kershaw

Greinke

Latos

Wood

Anderson

Bolsinger

Lee

They're still looking to acquire a starter, though. Because there's nothing like the good old 8-man rotation, am I right?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:45 PM)
This. Jake's post is spot-on without context, but Avi blows. It isn't about young players in general, it's about continuing to pretend that Garcia is some high-end prospect, despite not a single sign of improvement as he approaches his first 1000PA in the MLB after ~2000PA in the minors. Still can't pick pitches to swing at, still can't react to balls hit to him, still takes the most confusing routes we've seen since Manny Ramirez.

It is all prespective. If Garcia were the same age, but went the traditional US route of playing 3 years of college ball, and was at the same point, no one would blink an eye. He'd be in his third year after college. He has a long history because he was signed as a 16 year old, and brought to the US at 17 for rookie ball. In terms of age an experience, he is still pretty young.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:34 PM)
It is all prespective. If Garcia were the same age, but went the traditional US route of playing 3 years of college ball, and was at the same point, no one would blink an eye. He'd be in his third year after college. He has a long history because he was signed as a 16 year old, and brought to the US at 17 for rookie ball. In terms of age an experience, he is still pretty young.

The other big difference...if he went that route, he wouldn't be headed to his first arbitration contract this offseason, so he'd have time before a raise was due.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 11:34 AM)

He still has had a lot of at bats in the minors and majors to show who / what he is. Agree he is young for his experience / talent, etc. If Trout stunk for 5 years but came up when he was 19 or 20, I wouldn't just say, well he's still super young for his age, I'd eventually say, look, the tools aren't going to play (this is just using Trout as an example). Problem with Trout is he could have stunk offensively (production wise...with tools that remained) and I'd have been more then patient with him because of what he could do on the basepaths and in the field at a premium position.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:36 PM)
The other big difference...if he went that route, he wouldn't be headed to his first arbitration contract this offseason, so he'd have time before a raise was due.

For payroll, sure. For his potential ceiling, and odds of reaching it? No. That is irrelevant.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
He still has had a lot of at bats in the minors and majors to show who / what he is. Agree he is young for his experience / talent, etc. If Trout stunk for 5 years but came up when he was 19 or 20, I wouldn't just say, well he's still super young for his age, I'd eventually say, look, the tools aren't going to play (this is just using Trout as an example). Problem with Trout is he could have stunk offensively (production wise...with tools that remained) and I'd have been more then patient with him because of what he could do on the basepaths and in the field at a premium position.

If he was American, he would have had a ton of ABs in high school, college, fall ball, travel leagues etc, we just wouldn't have statistics on them like we do with the MiLB. He would have still been getting tons of ABs.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
The #WhiteSox would love to add a bat, but unless they move position player off their 25 man roster, they have no room.

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/627189253835862016

How did we not catch that earlier?

Well then, this deadline is OVA

If that is real, Nightengale must be on Quaaludes and gin.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
How did we not catch that earlier?

Well then, this deadline is OVA

If that is real, Nightengale must be on Quaaludes and gin.

Funny thing is...of all insiders, when it comes to the Sox, I trust him the most. I presume this is some BS spin from Kenny / Hahn to drive leverage, I just don't know what GM could look at them with a straight face after hearing that. This isn't Hawk and his "where will he play" logic. Those teams were far deeper then this team. If they believe we have no holes (check that...no major holes) on our roster and no needs, they are delusional or aren't intending on competing and are really going to sell, haha.