Arizona Fall League

ChiSoxJon

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
Engel 2-4 with a 2B. Wondering what has caused this offensive outburst.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 10:09 PM)
Maybe he's just learning to use that gigantic insanely athletic body.

He's been this good before, in short bursts. He was tweaking his plate approach multiple times this year, with the help of Charlie Poe.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
2 hits.

2 walks.

2 runs.

1 stolen base.

1 RBI.

solid night by adam engel in all-star game.

Did he have 2 walks? How did I completely miss that other PA. But yeah, the kid looked real good. However, I didn't see him have to make a single play in CF, which was weird.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 11:07 PM)
Box score lists two walks and two singles.

http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gi...ox&sid=l119

Yep, went back and watched the recording I had of it and watched the 2 PAs I missed. Everyone was being replaced, so I just assumed he had as well. Would have liked to see him square a ball up, but his speed will earn him a lot of infield hits.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 02:18 AM)
Followed the HR with a walk.

Stop the season now. He can't get any better.

i really hate to say this, esp on any sox prospects / players. but have him do a blood test.

his results this AFL are superhuman bordering on herculean | god like results.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 07:15 AM)
i really hate to say this, esp on any sox prospects / players. but have him do a blood test.

his results this AFL are superhuman bordering on herculean | god like results.

Lol, he's just making a ton of contact, and his incredible speed earns him many infield hits and stolen bases, not to mention he is taking walks. It's not like the guy is suddenly slamming home runs. He's just making contact at an awesome rate, and not chasing pitches. Not quite your typical red flags for cheating (although I realize better contact skills are a result of PED).

Adam Engel - OF - White Sox

White Sox outfielder Adam Engel was named Most Valuable Player of the Arizona Fall League.

The 23-year-old, ranked as the 17th best prospect in the White Sox organization, hit a blistering .403 (27-for-67) with 12 extra-base hits and 10 stolen bases. He's expected to open the 2016 season at Double-A.

Source: Phil Rogers on TwitterNov 21 - 2:59 PM

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 08:26 PM)
Adam Engel - OF - White Sox

White Sox outfielder Adam Engel was named Most Valuable Player of the Arizona Fall League.

The 23-year-old, ranked as the 17th best prospect in the White Sox organization, hit a blistering .403 (27-for-67) with 12 extra-base hits and 10 stolen bases. He's expected to open the 2016 season at Double-A.

Source: Phil Rogers on TwitterNov 21 - 2:59 PM

and he richly deserves it.... the results and stats are the proof. i like it.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 22, 2015 -> 08:52 AM)
What level do you guys think he will start at? I hope he carries it over and he can be up in our outfield sooner rather than later. When he is up, we can say that we have an Engel in the outfield.

There's a CF opening in Birmingham with May moving up to Charlotte and after Engel's AFL performance I can see the Sox challenging him by moving him up to Birmingham.

IIRC, NorthsideSox posted a writeup stating Engel likely starts '16 in Birmingham. Makes sense.