no slider Chris Sale

harkness99

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
He gave up 3 runs, since when does that equate to a bad pitching performance?

If the Sox could muster more than 3 hits, maybe Sale would have a chance. Read this Link and tell me he's useless without the slider.

I don't think anyone said he was "Bad"

With his good or decent slider he is dominant as anyone...

Without it he good but more vulnerable... like I said in the opening post.

Sale got a few K's with the slider but he only used it when he really needed it. The best version of Chris Sale that we see throws the fastball from 95-98 and then mixes it in 90-92, his change is outstanding as well but without the slider hitters and just sit and wait on his fastball and if they guess the location right his velocity helps them out even if they don't put a huge charge into the ball.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
He gave up 3 runs, since when does that equate to a bad pitching performance?

If the Sox could muster more than 3 hits, maybe Sale would have a chance. Read this Link and tell me he's useless without the slider.

Seriously, right? The guy gives up 3ER in 7IP without his best slider. Most pitchers would take those numbers on a good day with their best stuff. Some Sox fans have become spoiled by what Sale did during that amazing stretch he had.

Talk about making something out of nothing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
2 runs early with Indians not playing their two best should have been enough with Sale on the mound

You expect a lot. Holding an MLB to just one run is a helluva performance, no matter the opponent IMO. I think 3 runs is a decent outing even for an ace.

Even though he gave up just 3 runs, I thought it was easily one of his worst starts of the season. He gave up three homers and the Indians hit a lot of line drives right at guys, and the defense made some nice plays behind him. Sale was pretty damn lucky he only had 3 ER at the end of the game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
This thread exists because of Ryan f***ing Raybrun. God I hate that guy.

Hahn should trade for him this offseason. Not because he'd be good for the Sox, but just so they won't have to face him anymore. That's got to be like a 2 win swing right there!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
This thread exists because of Ryan f***ing Raybrun. God I hate that guy.

I hear you brother. There seems to be that one guy out there we can't get past, but they keep pitching to him. I am a bit baffled about the number of homers our pitchers give up though. Our hitters have gone South it seems when it comes to the long ball

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)
Hahn should trade for him this offseason. Not because he'd be good for the Sox, but just so they won't have to face him anymore. That's got to be like a 2 win swing right there!

Ryan Raburn automatically makes any team in the AL Central other than the White Sox 1-2 games better. It's worth the same amount to have him on their roster.