My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
maybe it is me or my mood of really being indifferent right now.

but i really don't see anything really wrong with people post of Q and the northisiders. remember i would rather see and read things from some who are not followers or just being with the main crowd.

now what ever my opinions are of these trade ideas, i will keep to myself.

now, i really have to say this, with all honesty, you really been really thinking, not as a fan but as someone looking at this with open eyes and with the knowledge that we are dealing with the present owners, so the cost will be a factor.

i am not really convince with any trade speculations from fans on any of the core of the present sp's.

i see a trade of pitching prospects and maybe Hawkins, MJohnson, J May, as extra's to sweeten the pot. again this will be all dependent on who the player the sox are looking at.

now with ref to Pitt, beside my crazy ass idea, i am looking at how Pitt may want to move S. Marté .... b/c of their need of of pitching help plus the emergence of Austin Meadows, plus their opinions that he may be ready for the big league next yr.

I like the idea of trading pitching prospects for hitting prospects, makes a ton of sense.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
this was just announce on MLB trade rumors.

Ah-seop Son will be posted next week.

does anyone think the sox will enter a bid???

Yep, I do. A LF that should: upgrade LF defense, hit for a decent average and draw walks. Could turn into a solid #2 hitter and be cheaper than Melky. I know Melky isn't worth much but I think he could be traded to make room for Son. I would rather keep Melky and trade LaRoche but, I digress.

I hope the Sox do go after Son.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:34 PM)
Why? A relatively light hitting corner OF? I am all about moving Melky to DH, but not sure this guy is reason why.

i was along the same line, if his stats were like this in his league, i really doubt he would be better in the mlb.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 12:03 AM)
I like the idea of trading pitching prospects for hitting prospects, makes a ton of sense.

Yep, I do. A LF that should: upgrade LF defense, hit for a decent average and draw walks. Could turn into a solid #2 hitter and be cheaper than Melky. I know Melky isn't worth much but I think he could be traded to make room for Son. I would rather keep Melky and trade LaRoche but, I digress.

I hope the Sox do go after Son.

it just goes back to this..... i can't freaking wait for something to happen, and the GM meeting. i still think it will be an interesting off season.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 05:36 PM)
How exactly were we fleeced?

Agree. A backup catcher, a back-end starter who could end up in bullpen (personally, the Ynoa part cancels him out for me), Ravelo without a position and a shortstop who can't field. I don't see much of a fleece there. And we may get better value out a comp pick than any of those guys.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)

i know this question wasn't for me, but for this discussion.

i have never been a big fan of Shark, next and for this discussion, Semien played ss for oak, i never thought of him as a ss and his stats were ok, except for his defense. again at ss.

next i was always a fan of the hound and they have him as a sp, i always thought he was more of rp.

all these were traded for an idea of shark leading the team to the playoff.

but all that can change with the draft pick in next yr draft.

just my take.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:02 PM)
Hahn's comments today actually made it seem less likely they would trade with Cubs due to his 8 mile comment

Well yeah. You get it wrong and all you have to do is walk not too far to see the mistake in action.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 05:36 PM)

Not to be a smart ass but seriously, look up the numbers yourself. In short, Phegley posted better numbers than Flowers. Bassitt posted better numbers than Samardzija. Ravelo is 23, healthy and going into his first full season at AAA and he has high AVE/OBP potential. Considering the Sox have a lack of hitting in the farm, I wouldn't mind a young player with that potential, even if that player doesn't deveop power. Semien, Meh, I can live without Semien but imo and I said it at the time of the trade, Bassitt and Ravelo were the players I didn't like parting with.

Then there's the fact that all four of the players the Sox sent to Oakland are under control for years to come and the Sox are left with Ynoa and the memory of one s***ty ass 2015 season from Samardzija. The Sox got fleeced so bad, Oakland should be brought up on charges and the Sox FO sent for psychiatric evaluation for being so stupid.

It was like Steven Hawking making a trade with Forrest Gump. :D

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:31 PM)

Can we stop sharing these fluff pieces? More specifically, Cubs Sox trade ones? It just gets people mad for no reason. It's just writers trying to make something out of team needs to write a story.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:33 PM)
Can we stop sharing these fluff pieces? More specifically, Cubs Sox trade ones? It just gets people mad for no reason. It's just writers trying to make something out of team needs to write a story.

Sadly this is the only thing being talked about for the sox. No other news

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:27 PM)
Not to be a smart ass but seriously, look up the numbers yourself. In short, Phegley posted better numbers than Flowers. Bassitt posted better numbers than Samardzija. Ravelo is 23, healthy and going into his first full season at AAA and he has high AVE/OBP potential. Considering the Sox have a lack of hitting in the farm, I wouldn't mind a young player with that potential, even if that player doesn't deveop power. Semien, Meh, I can live without Semien but imo and I said it at the time of the trade, Bassitt and Ravelo were the players I didn't like parting with.

Then there's the fact that all four of the players the Sox sent to Oakland are under control for years to come and the Sox are left with Ynoa and the memory of one s***ty ass 2015 season from Samardzija. The Sox got fleeced so bad, Oakland should be brought up on charges and the Sox FO sent for psychiatric evaluation for being so stupid.

You missed the most important part of the deal for us which is the 1st round pick.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 07:27 PM)

The garbage we gave up is marginally more valuable than garbage we received. The Sox did not get fleeced. Samardzija just didn't show up this season. None of the players the Sox gave up are going to amount to anything, except perhaps Semien as a league average player.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 01:27 AM)

100 % original thought and extremely funny. :notworthy