My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 06:43 PM)
Trey is a nice prospect, but not a guy we can count on being the long-term answer at a position of need. He shouldn't prevent us from exploring other long-term alternatives and he's definitely not good enough for us to settle with a stopgap type like Freese for the next three years.

Ya but he is our best 3B prospect potentially.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 06:03 PM)
Ya but he is our best 3B prospect potentially.

No doubt, and he could easily force himself into our plans with a strong AA season. But right now, we have to operate under the assumption we have a gaping hole at 3B and no obvious long-term solution to fill that spot in the near future. If Trey has a strong season at AA, you can always use him to fill other needs down the road.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 06:37 PM)
This David Freese talk has me throwing up. I don't see him as the answer at 3B at all.

Not a big fan. He seems to be one of those guys who will have a decent year if another team signs him, but hit.213 with 6 homers and a ton of errors if the White Sox were to get him.

On the other hand, if you can be average at 3B, you are ahead of the game.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
Not a big fan. He seems to be one of those guys who will have a decent year if another team signs him, but hit.213 with 6 homers and a ton of errors if the White Sox were to get him.

On the other hand, if you can be average at 3B, you are ahead of the game.

We don't need him to be superman.

Seeing these contract predictions makes my hope Hahn is ready and willing to deal this offseason. We have young MLB ready talent to deal in Micah, Avi, Montas, Beck...get creative with those guys to get some sort of impact 3B. I wouldn't hate Rasmus, Aoki or Parra in the OF, but it's coming pretty apparent to me that filling the infield is going to come from within or trade.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
Seeing these contract predictions makes my hope Hahn is ready and willing to deal this offseason. We have young MLB ready talent to deal in Micah, Avi, Montas, Beck...get creative with those guys to get some sort of impact 3B. I wouldn't hate Rasmus, Aoki or Parra in the OF, but it's coming pretty apparent to me that filling the infield is going to come from within or trade.

Rasmus got a QO today. No shot Sox go after him

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 12:37 AM)
This David Freese talk has me throwing up. I don't see him as the answer at 3B at all.

believe me when i say this as nicely as i can.

but it really pains me that i have to agree with you on this. :D

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
Freese may not be the answer, but really, who is out there that IS the answer?

Fraizer is about the only guy out there that might realistically be traded and even he has some downfalls (cost to acquire, time till free agency).

The AA or AAA equivalent of Matt Davidson/Olt but with more contact and better defense.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 10:51 PM)
I'd be fin with 3/30 for Freese. I want no part of Cabrera or Kendrick though. I'd rather sign Avila for cheaper and bring back Alexei.

IMO the ONLY reason Alexei won't get 8-12 million a year from somebody is if they think he's 40 to 45 years old cause of the birth certificate thing with some players. Otherwise, he's a workhorse who plays every day and isn't so bad a player. I think he'll get 10 to 15 mill a year for 3 years IF THEY ARE NOT afraid of the age thing. You know, if players listened to coaches in the big leagues I think a guy like Alexei would benefit. He obviously has a ridiculous approach at the plate and could use some tips from a hitting coach. But I'm sure he's one of those guys who doesn't listen to coaching since he's a veteran.

If it's true Lexi sucks now and will only get 4 mill a year or something ridiculous like that, I damn well hope the Sox sign him. Saladino I'm afraid isn't the answer.

What the White Sox need to do is go crazy during the Latin signing period. Any team that rebuilds through the draft will need a long time and some big breaks. The Cubs don't have a bunch of their draft picks on the field. KC with all their top 5 picks the last 10-12 years didn't have a huge amount of their draft picks on the field. A case could be made that the White Sox actually had a better draft than KC each of the past 6 years. They need to get a big influx of international guys. Pay the penalty over paying a Howie Kendrick.

Through the draft you get one first round pick a year. Taking the penalty internationally you can get 2 or 3 .

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
What the White Sox need to do is go crazy during the Latin signing period. Any team that rebuilds through the draft will need a long time and some big breaks. The Cubs don't have a bunch of their draft picks on the field. KC with all their top 5 picks the last 10-12 years didn't have a huge amount of their draft picks on the field. A case could be made that the White Sox actually had a better draft than KC each of the past 6 years. They need to get a big influx of international guys. Pay the penalty over paying a Howie Kendrick.

Through the draft you get one first round pick a year. Taking the penalty internationally you can get 2 or 3 .

Yes they need to go out guns blazing next period with no Cubs, Dodgers, Giants, Yankees and Red Sox being able to.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
NY Post did predictions. Had us signing Desmond for 5/80

I'd s*** myself if we did that.

Yikes, f*** that. If the SOX are going to sign a FA SS not named Alexei, I hope it's Cabrera and not Desmond.

My Realistic Wishlist for this Offseason:

1) Let Shark walk in FA, receive compensation pick

2) Resign Alexei to a 2 year deal $12 million deal with a $3 million team option for '18 (Ramirez made it clear he wants to stay and retire on the South Side)

3) Go after Matt Weiters and lose out on him courtesy of ATL on a lucrative deal, settle on a 1 year deal with AJ Pierzynski worth $3.5 million with a $2 million dollar player option for '17

4) Sign Garrett Jones to MiLB deal, depth in case of Abreu injury, could have a Dan Johnson-type year with Charlotte

5) sign Dom Brown to a MiLB deal, depth in case of Melky/Avi injury, All-Star in '13

6) Hire Rick Renteria as bench coach, seems to be popular choice among fans, managerial experience

7) Sign Juan Uribe back as 3B depth, veteran clubhouse presence

8) Sign Shaun Marcum/Bronson Arroyo as a RHS, Shark is gone and a vet RHS is needed, should be cheap

9) Sign Neal Cotts as an extra reliever, solid statline

10) Hopefully this is the South Side's final year with a protected first rounder for a LONG time, could make a splash with Weiters or go safe route and bring in Howie Kendrick for 3 years/42 million, KW loves him

11) Deal Courtney Hawkins, Spencer Adams, Carlos Sanchez, Jacob May, and Chris Beck for Todd Frazier and lock him up for big money, hopefully our long term 3B

12) Trade Saladino for a promising young C (Plawecki or someone of lesser magnitude like Andrew Knapp)

A '16 roster of:

C: Pierzynski, Flowers

1B: Abreu

2B: Kendrick, Johnson

3B: Frazier, Uribe

SS: Ramirez

DH: LaRoche

LF: Cabrera

CF: Eaton

RF: Garcia, Thompson

Rotation: Sale, Rodon, Quintana, Danks, Montas

'Pen: Robertson, Duke, Jones, Jennings, Webb, Putnam, Petricka

Looks promising

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 11:27 AM)

2) Resign Alexei to a 2 year deal $12 million deal with a $3 million team option for '18 (Ramirez made it clear he wants to stay and retire on the South Side)

3) Go after Matt Weiters and lose out on him courtesy of ATL on a lucrative deal, settle on a 1 year deal with AJ Pierzynski worth $3.5 million with a $2 million dollar player option for '17

4) Sign Garrett Jones to MiLB deal, depth in case of Abreu injury, could have a Dan Johnson-type year with Charlotte

5) sign Dom Brown to a MiLB deal, depth in case of Melky/Avi injury, All-Star in '13

6) Hire Rick Renteria as bench coach, seems to be popular choice among fans, managerial experience

8) Sign Shaun Marcum/Bronson Arroyo as a RHS, Shark is gone and a vet RHS is needed, should be cheap

10) Hopefully this is the South Side's final year with a protected first rounder for a LONG time, could make a splash with Weiters or go safe route and bring in Howie Kendrick for 3 years/42 million, KW loves him

11) Deal Courtney Hawkins, Spencer Adams, Carlos Sanchez, Jacob May, and Chris Beck for Todd Frazier and lock him up for big money, hopefully our long term 3B

12) Trade Saladino for a promising young C (Plawecki or someone of lesser magnitude like Andrew Knapp)

A '16 roster of:

Looks promising

I seriously wouldn't mind AJ back at all. Straight platoon with Flowers (Flowers also catching all of Sale's starts).

But you'll likely get flamed on here for suggesting him though I think he is the best option personally (unless we work out a trade to bring someone in).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)

A '16 roster of:

Looks promising

Hahaha, putting the band back together, eh?