My video was posted on Deadspin and I blogged about it.

My_Sox_Summer

I hate the wave. I dislike people who do the wave. I dislike people even more who think that me disliking someone doing the wave makes me a fuddy duddy. Eff You.

Perfect! Exactly how I feel. The wave is a scourge.

You and this guy are very close to my seats. I'll have to keep an eye out for him, and I'd be happy to try to start a middle finger wave with you.

Nothing like paying money to go to a sporting event and then proceed to be amazed by making a wave and watching it for a whole inning. The hate for the wave runs deep in my family, we have stopped them in the outfield before. My father and uncle are great at yelling at people when they try to start the wave, when security comes they only have to say they are trying to watch the game and the people in front keep randomly standing. Its funny when you argue that your trying to watch the game and the other people say they want to start the wave, you win everytime.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 09:35 AM)
Overly serious baseball fans piss me off. The ball park is for everyone - including KIDS who think that the wave is pretty cool. No one is asking you to participate. Sit there and choke on your burgers and burritos if you want and let people do what they want.

Lighten up Francis.

This guy isn't serious as far as I can tell. He's just angry. And hungry.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 09:35 AM)
Overly serious baseball fans piss me off. The ball park is for everyone - including KIDS who think that the wave is pretty cool. No one is asking you to participate. Sit there and choke on your burgers and burritos if you want and let people do what they want.

Lighten up Francis.

I have to agree. I'm not a fan of the wave, I usually just sit there and don't participate because I think it is inane. But I bring my kids, and if they want to do it, I will do it with them. If someone feels that makes me less of a fan, well, you know where you can stick it. :P Just enjoy being at a ball game.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 08:59 AM)
I have to agree. I'm not a fan of the wave, I usually just sit there and don't participate because I think it is inane. But I bring my kids, and if they want to do it, I will do it with them. If someone feels that makes me less of a fan, well, you know where you can stick it. :P Just enjoy being at a ball game.

Yup there's a whole lot in this world to be angry about but people having fun in a wholesome way is not one of them. All you wave haters welcome to grumpy old manhood :P