Adam Eaton Trade Speculation

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
Considering the source and Eaton being one of a few productive hitters in '15, I take this with a grain of salt. I think it's much more possible the Sox try to move Melky or Avi to fit Thompson into the lineup and even that's a stretch considering their values or lack thereof.

Eaton isn't going anywhere but hey, it beats talking about the other team that is now at home watching the post season with the rest of us.

Meh it also gives us another topic to BS about.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I dont disagree with at all is the desire to see Trayce out there every day in the OF. We've all looked at this roster and just recoiled in terror going into the offseason. There's not a whole lot to trade, not much money left to spend and very few good ballplayers to show for it. Sox need some people to break out, and since Trayce already has the glove might as well see if he can hit. He certainly looked like he could when he got called up.

Sox need good players that wont cost them anything to acquire, Trayce happens to be on the very few they have with that potential. I get it.

I think this team could look very different next year and I'd hate to break it to everyone but if you want to acquire major league position players, you have to give up something in return.

There isn't team in baseball that has a messageboard full of fans dying to acquire Frankie Montas, Tyler Danish & Courtney Hawkins.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
I think this team could look very different next year and I'd hate to break it to everyone but if you want to acquire major league position players, you have to give up something in return.

There isn't team in baseball that has a messageboard full of fans dying to acquire Frankie Montas, Tyler Danish & Courtney Hawkins.

Our message board isn't dying to acquire any one specific prospect either. Mostly because they're underexposed and and unknown. That's the scouts jobs to come up with those names.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 09:53 AM)
I think you've got this backwards. Moving the wall back would just shine more light on our glaring offensive weaknesses. Guys like Frank, Maggs and Carlos Lee didn't need the short wall. Alexei, Saladino and Sanchez do.

I completely disagree. Moving the walls out makes for wider alleys. That's ideal for slap hitters. Sanchez and Saladino aren't gonna hit many Homers anyway.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
57 SB's and plays really good D. He had a WOBA of .251 and a wRC+ of 52 though. Yuck.

Has virtually no power, so with that said, he's got to have a MUCH higher OBP to utilize his speed. It does nothing if he's not on base.

57 SB with a .274 OBP. That's insane. He cut back on his strikeouts, too.

Reds may be going for a full teardown this winter. We'll see.

QUOTE (MindGame2004 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)
Has virtually no power, so with that said, he's got to have a MUCH higher OBP to utilize his speed. It does nothing if he's not on base.

57 SB with a .274 OBP. That's insane. He cut back on his strikeouts, too.

Reds may be going for a full teardown this winter. We'll see.

If you are willing to pay Joey Votto over $200 million to play for you his entire 30s, he probably could be had for a song.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
If you are willing to pay Joey Votto over $200 million to play for you his entire 30s, he probably could be had for a song.

Naw I'm good.

'16 $20 mil

'17 $22 mil

'18 $25 mil

'19 $25 mil

'20 $25 mil

'21 $25 mil

'22 $25 mil

'23 $25 mil

'24 $20 mil with $7 mil buyout

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 01:35 PM)
I completely disagree. Moving the walls out makes for wider alleys. That's ideal for slap hitters. Sanchez and Saladino aren't gonna hit many Homers anyway.

You're outfielders just play in on slap hitters taking any additional alley space away. Slap hitters are rarely going to hit it over their heads. Wider alleys are more beneficial to power hitters that have the ability to hit to the alleys.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
You're outfielders just play in on slap hitters taking any additional alley space away. Slap hitters are rarely going to hit it over their heads. Wider alleys are more beneficial to power hitters that have the ability to hit to the alleys.

That's why Miggy and Victor have a ton of doubles in their park.

I don't think the Reds would have to eat any money in a Votto deal. Even though his contract will be a burden, right now he could easily get something similar on the free agent market. He is one of baseball's top talents when he's healthy and if you want that guy on your team, you're gonna have to bid for him. Demanding that they eat a bunch of money isn't gonna get Joey Votto.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
I don't think the Reds would have to eat any money in a Votto deal. Even though his contract will be a burden, right now he could easily get something similar on the free agent market. He is one of baseball's top talents when he's healthy and if you want that guy on your team, you're gonna have to bid for him. Demanding that they eat a bunch of money isn't gonna get Joey Votto.

I'm out on that no thanks.

I tend to agree with this, especially when you look at who the top of the free agent market is.

He would look great in the White Sox line up for a couple of years. It isn't going to happen, but really, the Reds should be trading him now while they can. They aren't going to be good for a little while. By the time they should be ready to win, his contract will probably start to become a gigantic problem.

No more NL sluggers, please. I'm afraid he'd turn in to an Adam.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 02:38 PM)
Pretty sure Votto would be OK here. This fear of getting absolutely anyone from the NL is starting to get out of hand.

Pretty sure Votto would be OK here. This fear of getting absolutely anyone from the NL is starting to get out of hand.

I think he would be pretty awesome for a little while. I bet he winds up with the Yankees after next season when Texiera's contract expires.