2015 MLB Offseason activity thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 01:16 PM)
Matsuda would be interesting, but he'd want too much as a 32 year old and this team isn't ready to do anything with veteran guys.

He beat his previous high for HR's by 10 (35 to 25) because his team moved the fences in by 20 ft. He's won 3 gold gloves but K's 25% of the time. Since he is a FA there is no posting fee. Doubt he will cost much even in a FA class devoid of 3B options. If I had to guess I say a 2 year deal in the $6-8M range.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 12:59 PM)
Personally, I think that article is full of s***. Their ceiling isn't $130 million unless ownership is putting $100 million into their pockets. The profited $70 million in 2014, and the number 2015 will be even bigger.

Exactly, they are just putting that out there as strategy in their negotiations. Why would they want everyone to know they have a lot of money and a lot of room to work with? That doesn't benefit them at all to have that out there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)
Yankees PR Dept. ‏@YankeesPR 35s36 seconds ago

The @Yankees announced that they have acquired OF @AaronHicks31 from the Minnesota @Twins in exchange for C John Ryan Murphy.

Gardner will likely be dealt, with Seattle and Cubs as possibilities

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
Yankees PR Dept. ‏@YankeesPR 35s36 seconds ago

The @Yankees announced that they have acquired OF @AaronHicks31 from the Minnesota @Twins in exchange for C John Ryan Murphy.

That seems like an absolute steal for the Yankees.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 12:59 PM)
Personally, I think that article is full of s***. Their ceiling isn't $130 million unless ownership is putting $100 million into their pockets. The profited $70 million in 2014, and the number 2015 will be even bigger.

That was before interest expense and they have the biggest debt load in baseball.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)
It is the Debt/Value(%)

I see it now by going to full site. Regardless, they still have the largest debt load (which is what I said) and likely the most interest expense as a result (which impacts their spending). Having the 5th highest debt ratio doesn't change that fact.

Edited by Chicago White Sox