2015 MLB Offseason activity thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
Generally half surprised that Detroit still looking to "all-in" it again. Can't help but expect them to do something big in the FA market after that deal.

With the Verlander and Cabrera deals, what other choice do they have?

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)
With the Verlander and Cabrera deals, what other choice do they have?

Get that, just kinda also feel like they need another year to restock and for the stuff they traded for at this deadline to establish itself before that makes sense. Anywho, at least it makes Price more expensive for the Cubs.

Astros "strongly" interested in acquiring a closer. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/astr...ing-closer.html

Seriously, if they make a legit offer for Robertson, it'd be hard to refuse. Freeing up the money and acquiring young players would be nice.

Edit: also, didn't he turn down more money from them to come to us? Or am I remembering incorrectly. The point of me mentioning that is they wouldn't mind taking on what he has remaining if they had offered even more in the first place.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 11:09 AM)
Astros "strongly" interested in acquiring a closer. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/astr...ing-closer.html

Seriously, if they make a legit offer for Robertson, it'd be hard to refuse. Freeing up the money and acquiring young players would be nice.

Edit: also, didn't he turn down more money from them to come to us? Or am I remembering incorrectly. The point of me mentioning that is they wouldn't mind taking on what he has remaining if they had offered even more in the first place.

Just guessing but I think the Astros would want to relieve some salary in return for taking on Robertson's contract. I suspect either Lawrie or Valbuena would be part of the return for Robertson, which I would be fine with. I'm probably off way base here but I'd shoot for Lawrie or Valbuena + Musgrove.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 11:26 AM)
Just guessing but I think the Astros would want to relieve some salary in return for taking on Robertson's contract. I suspect either Lawrie or Valbuena would be part of the return for Robertson, which I would be fine with. I'm probably off way base here but I'd shoot for Lawrie or Valbuena + Musgrove.

I'd take that deal.

I also came across an article about which players the Astros are likely to lose during Rule V draft. Maybe we could grab another one or two to go along with Lowrie (offsets a little cash/can plug in at third or short) in a deal (along with someone protected like Musgrove).

http://climbingtalshill.com/2015/11/21/hou...n-rule-v-draft/

Edited by soxfan2014