2015 MLB Offseason activity thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansa...le43011408.html

I just want to see what Greg will do if the White Sox bring back Rios to play RF.

Of course, Guthrie was mostly famous for being completely unbeatable for the White Sox, especially in 2012...so that's kind of the Ryan Raburn Effect as a cheap back end of the rotation option to protect in case Danks is dealt and Erik Johnson/Montas falter.

Looks like Alex Gordon is angling for $100 million and five years, the Royals are probably only willing to go three years and $60-70 million with an option for a fourth year. You definitely don't want to be paying players these days for declining production (or future production based on prime year numbers) past age 35.

Those two moves (Rios/Guthrie) are going to cost KC $4.7 million in buyouts. There's also a mutual option at $10 million for Kris Medlen, and then the Royals will do everything they can to keep Madson (since Holland will miss most or all of next season), Zobrist and 50/50 on pitcher Chris Young. They have insurance for Madson in the form of Hochevar moving to the 7th and Herrera to the 8th.

They still owe Omar Infante $18 million, so that's almost $23 million they're going to eat.

Of course, JR has been unwilling to do the same in the past with players like Dunn, Danks and now LaRoche, at least not until the final few months of the contract (Keppinger, Bonifacio and Downs are lower priced exceptions.)

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansa...le43011408.html

I just want to see what Greg will do if the White Sox bring back Rios to play RF.

Of course, Guthrie was mostly famous for being completely unbeatable for the White Sox, especially in 2012...so that's kind of the Ryan Raburn Effect as a cheap back end of the rotation option to protect in case Danks is dealt and Erik Johnson/Montas falter.

Looks like Alex Gordon is angling for $100 million and five years, the Royals are probably only willing to go three years and $60-70 million with an option for a fourth year. You definitely don't want to be paying players these days for declining production (or future production based on prime year numbers) past age 35.

Those two moves (Rios/Guthrie) are going to cost KC $4.7 million in buyouts. There's also a mutual option at $10 million for Kris Medlen, and then the Royals will do everything they can to keep Madson (since Holland will miss most or all of next season), Zobrist and 50/50 on pitcher Chris Young. They have insurance for Madson in the form of Hochevar moving to the 7th and Herrera to the 8th.

They still owe Omar Infante $18 million, so that's almost $23 million they're going to eat.

Of course, JR has been unwilling to do the same in the past with players like Dunn, Danks and now LaRoche, at least not until the final few months of the contract (Keppinger, Bonifacio and Downs are lower priced exceptions.)

Wrong guy, dude.....

NM...I see it's been pointed out.

Edited by Ballz-n-Strikes

Oops, the memory starts to go in your 40's.

Too many names blended over 30-35 years of following the sport.

No it doesn't. Speak for yourself. I just hit 40 and I can't remember a time in my life where things have been this easy to recollect.

Stop writing as if you speak for "fans" or "40 year olds"...

You don't.

If the Sox make a play for "Upton"...will you know which one before you post a lecture?

Edited by Ballz-n-Strikes

QUOTE (Ballz-n-Strikes @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 02:21 AM)
No it doesn't. Speak for yourself. I just hit 40 and I can't remember a time in my life where things have been this easy to recollect.

You don't.

If the Sox make a play for "Upton"...will you know which one before you post a lecture?

On the same side of the coin you can stop talking as if you speak for the site. You dont.

QUOTE (Ballz-n-Strikes @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 02:21 AM)

You don't.

Good grief, did Caulfield kick your puppy? Relax, it was on honest mistake.

Caulfield, stop kicking puppies around here, MMMKay! :P

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

#Rays announce trade: They acquire SS Miller, 1B/OF Morrison and RHR Farquhar from #Mariners for RHP Karns, LHP Riefenhauser, OF Powell.

First major trade of the year. I like the Rays side to this deal. I like Miller and Farquhar. Rays really only gave up Karns.

Edited by SoxPride18