Teams asking about Thompson

GGajewski18

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 1m1 minute ago

Teams are definitely curious about the #WhiteSox' plans for Trayce Thompson in a crowded OF. http://bit.ly/1IY7zvx

I'm sure he has more value than Avi currently. It will be interesting to see how the Sox handle Thompson if he is not traded.

Not sure where you get "on the block" from that? Of course teams are going to ask about most players especially a young one that showed some promise last year. Doesn't mean he is on the block

You know...I'm not going to lie...if you got the right offer, I wouldn't be opposed to selling "high" on Trayce. The key would be if you could package him as a key cog in a deal that got you another piece you really liked. I don't see how Trayce can be an everyday hitter and I love Trayce. I just don't see anything from his historical track-record which would indicate he'd be good enough offensively. That said, I fully agree that he's better than Avi. I love the idea of adding another outfielder, moving Avi, using Trayce / eaton and other outfielder plus Melky can DH / play a bit of outfield (and you have Shuck on the bench as well).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
You know...I'm not going to lie...if you got the right offer, I wouldn't be opposed to selling "high" on Trayce. The key would be if you could package him as a key cog in a deal that got you another piece you really liked. I don't see how Trayce can be an everyday hitter and I love Trayce. I just don't see anything from his historical track-record which would indicate he'd be good enough offensively. That said, I fully agree that he's better than Avi. I love the idea of adding another outfielder, moving Avi, using Trayce / eaton and other outfielder plus Melky can DH / play a bit of outfield (and you have Shuck on the bench as well).

I'm with you. If a team is willing to overpay for Thompson, I'd be moving him now. This may well be the peak of his value.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)

I would definitely sell high on Trayce If he could be the center piece of a trade that brings back a more proven OF, 3B or 2B, then I'm all for it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)

just a long shot here,but can this be an idea of the sox making plans for a new of"er to come in??

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
just a long shot here,but can this be an idea of the sox making plans for a new of"er to come in??

Not necessarily because their outfield is already technically crowded with Melky, Eaton, Avi, and Shuck. Thompson may have the skills to start, but it could be leverage in any deal as well.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 11:11 PM)
Wait the Sox have a crowded OF? Who's crowding it? All the negative WAR bums?

i know. avi is as good as being sent to minors. TT is being offered in trades. melky if needed can move to DH so in essence they have 2 opening in the of and one at 3b.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)

If so. I hope it gets done before everyone leaves the winter meetings. We need a little more excitement and promise from this team.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 10:40 PM)

what you say makes sense. In reality and depending on the return Tim Anderson and Jose Quintana and maybe even Sale will be available. I would like to have a Todd Frazier, but I am betting the asking price is two of those just mentioned. Too much

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 11:13 PM)
i know. avi is as good as being sent to minors. TT is being offered in trades. melky if needed can move to DH so in essence they have 2 opening in the of and one at 3b.

Avi Garcia is NOT going to the minors. He might be part of a trade, but not being sent down and I will bet your house on it

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 11:26 PM)
Avi Garcia is NOT going to the minors. He might be part of a trade, but not being sent down and I will bet your house on it

ok, lets see what happens. if he is not traded.

now being release is another thing as well.

I've been trying to find a comp, but am struggling.....anyone think of a player who had the pedestrian minor league numbers Trayce did and went on to have a successful career?

I'm really fine either way. If they can't compete let him run out there and prove he has figured it out. If they can get value, move him. It just seems like such a longshot that he figured it out at the major league level.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 04:27 PM)

If he's not going to the minors, he sure as hell ain't getting released. You don't release a guy with an option left, and still has some potential.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 04:27 PM)

Lol dude come one, he's not getting released regardless what happens. Also don't think he will start the season in the minors.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 11:44 PM)
Lol dude come one, he's not getting released regardless what happens. Also don't think he will start the season in the minors.

dang, ok, all i will say is i have always been different. i love a good risk. shiite look at last yr, i predicted the sox to win over 90 games.... that in itself should tell people i am not playing with a full deck. :headbang :lol: