Heyman: Justin Upton to the Tigers

Baron

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rang...er-justin-upton

ESPN senior writer Buster Olney wrote that, "If Justin Upton gets to the point when he seriously thinks about a one-year deal the Rangers may well be the best option."

"Texas has an excellent lineup already, they inhabit a really good hitters' park, and Upton wouldn't go there expected to carry the offensive load himself," Olney observed. "He could slot in among Prince Fielder, Adrian Beltre, Shin-Soo Choo, Rougned Odor and others and do some major damage there, which would give him an excellent chance to play in the postseason before hitting the market again next fall."

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 09:17 PM)

ESPN senior writer Buster Olney wrote that, "If Justin Upton gets to the point when he seriously thinks about a one-year deal the Rangers may well be the best option."

"Texas has an excellent lineup already, they inhabit a really good hitters' park, and Upton wouldn't go there expected to carry the offensive load himself," Olney observed. "He could slot in among Prince Fielder, Adrian Beltre, Shin-Soo Choo, Rougned Odor and others and do some major damage there, which would give him an excellent chance to play in the postseason before hitting the market again next fall."

God if that team gets some pitching out of Darvish that would be one helluva scary opponent.

I kinda want to see them do it, set up a lineup that if they stay healthy compares to Torotno.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 08:17 PM)

More "good" news for my White Sox.

This is getting more depressing everyday.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 08:19 PM)
God if that team gets some pitching out of Darvish that would be one helluva scary opponent.

I kinda want to see them do it, set up a lineup that if they stay healthy compares to Torotno.

You aren't kidding they would be scary. Makes alot of sense for Upton because he should put up some really good numbers in that park with that lineup and set himslef up for a wicked contract next year.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 08:19 PM)
More "good" news for my White Sox.

This is getting more depressing everyday.

Sorry my man. Just posting what I come across. For some crazy reason I still have faith in the FO to get an outfield upgrade despite the Cespedes/Upton rumors. Just not sure what the heck that upgrade will be.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
You aren't kidding they would be scary. Makes alot of sense for Upton because he should put up some really good numbers in that park with that lineup and set himslef up for a wicked contract next year.

Sorry my man. Just posting what I come across. For some crazy reason I still have faith in the FO to get an outfield upgrade despite the Cespedes/Upton rumors. Just not sure what the heck that upgrade will be.

Oh, I can handle it. I've had a lot of practice being a Sox fan for a lot of years!