Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
I don't think the opt out has really anything to do with slowing things down. Maybe for Upton's case but not the other 2. Or the second tier free agents.

Probably true, but I think it still slows the signing of all three. Once one gets signed, I think the other two go quickly.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 11:29 AM)
Oh for the love of God will this roller coaster just end already?!

Now back to Gordon?! I was already over that happening.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

I don't know how much more of this I can handle before my head explodes. Come on Rick, just sign of one of them!!!

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)
Oh for the love of God will this roller coaster just end already?!

Now back to Gordon?! I was already over that happening.

Honestly, I'm not sure anyone knows what is going on.

The good news is, they continue to be listed as front runners for 2 of the 3. Sure looks like Upton is out.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 11:34 AM)
Honestly, I'm not sure anyone knows what is going on.

The good news is, they continue to be listed as front runners for 2 of the 3. Sure looks like Upton is out.

Which means they will probably get Upton. LMAO

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 09:35 AM)
Which means they will probably get Upton. LMAO

LOL. I would love that personally. He's my favorite of the 3.

There are pros & cons to each of them but I think we can all agree that any of the 3 would be a huge upgrade.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
How much money does KC have to spend? If they sign Gallardo for $14-16 million/year, do they still have enough for Gordon, even at a decent discount?

I honestly think he'd sign a 4 year deal at $15M AAV to stay in KC. I think all these guys are realizing that their market isn't going to land nearly as much as they thought.

Was talking to a friend last night & he brought up a good point.

Heyward signs for less than most expected, which already somewhat hurt the rest of the OF market.

Upton seems the most set at waiting it out & now there are rumors of him taking a 1 year deal.

Cespedes has already talked about firing his agent once this year & I think they simply overstated his market & he's having a hard time coming back to reality now.

Gordon obviously wants to stay with KC but wants to be making more than someone like Melky. I think he'll use all the leverage he has, especially with his agent to get KC has high as possible & will ultimately re-sign with them for lesser money than any other offer he gets.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 09:41 AM)
I have no clue what's going on LOL. I'm just waiting now til one of the mainstream guys says White Sox ink X OF to deal.

That's really all we can do right now. It's good news that they continue to be linked to these guys though.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 12:40 PM)
I honestly think he'd sign a 4 year deal at $15M AAV to stay in KC. I think all these guys are realizing that their market isn't going to land nearly as much as they thought.

Was talking to a friend last night & he brought up a good point.

Heyward signs for less than most expected, which already somewhat hurt the rest of the OF market.

Upton seems the most set at waiting it out & now there are rumors of him taking a 1 year deal.

Cespedes has already talked about firing his agent once this year & I think they simply overstated his market & he's having a hard time coming back to reality now.

Gordon obviously wants to stay with KC but wants to be making more than someone like Melky. I think he'll use all the leverage he has, especially with his agent to get KC has high as possible & will ultimately re-sign with them for lesser money than any other offer he gets.

Agreed. I see Gordon going back to KC.

That should leave us with Cespedes.

I think the Gordon signing comes first (where ever he does sign). After that I expect the market to shift more to Cespedes and Upton.

Also reading between the lines I think Gordon might be the most realistic option for the Sox. If he signs with KC or someone else, I don't like the Sox' odds of getting the other two when you have to compete with teams like Detroit, SF, LAA, STL, etc. Teams that have been known to spend the big money.

Gordon might not be as flashy as the other two but he gives the Sox a good LH bat, elite defense and a guy (finally) who will take walks.

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 09:47 AM)
I think the Gordon signing comes first (where ever he does sign). After that I expect the market to shift more to Cespedes and Upton.

Also reading between the lines I think Gordon might be the most realistic option for the Sox. If he signs with KC or someone else, I don't like the Sox' odds of getting the other two when you have to compete with teams like Detroit, SF, LAA, STL, etc. Teams that have been known to spend the big money.

Gordon might not be as flashy as the other two but he gives the Sox a good LH bat, elite defense and a guy (finally) who will take walks.

I hope that if he's the first one to sign it's with the Sox because if not, this board will go crazy & so will I. lol

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 11:48 AM)
I hope that if he's the first one to sign it's with the Sox because if not, this board will go crazy & so will I. lol

I agree. As I said I believe once he signs the real market develops for Cespedes and honestly I don't think the Sox can outbid some of the other teams in on him. Cespedes is more an ideal fit for the Sox but Gordon might be more attainable IMO.

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 11:52 AM)
I think the Cardinals are a dark horse for Gordon and I think SF is a dark horse for Cespedes.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)
Yes, SF is the team that worries me.

Agreed on both fronts. Still think Sox get Cespedes though and one of those teams will make a trade for a Colorado OFer.