Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 05:16 PM)
Ya know, I'm really disappointed in Hahn for this deal with Cespedes not being done yet and I don't think Hahn cares about what the Sox fans want. It's all about the team orientated bulls***. I mean, WTF Hahn, there's still two months left before pitchers and catchers report! What are you waiting for Hahn? No cajones I tell you, none. They probably turned blue, fell off and now reside in a squirrel's nest somewhere feeding their young. GAWD!

If only Hahn would've signed Cespedes on Christmas Day, then he would've really won me over. Then I would know that he's not messing around and has balls of steel.

Edited by ChiSoxFanMike

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 06:16 PM)
Ya know, I'm really disappointed in Hahn for this deal with Cespedes not being done yet and I don't think Hahn cares about what the Sox fans want. It's all about the team orientated bulls***. I mean, WTF Hahn, there's still two months left before pitchers and catchers report! What are you waiting for Hahn? No cajones I tell you, none. They probably turned blue, fell off and now reside in a squirrel's nest somewhere feeding their young. GAWD!

I think you forgot a hint of green in this post

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
If only Hahn would've signed Cespedes on Christmas Day, then he would've really won me over. Then I would know that he's not messing around and has balls of steel.

Yes, yes yes yes yes! Hahn could have been known as the GM with balls of steel by winning us over because it is, after all, about us! Instead, he has resorted to being KW's nutless boy wonder now dubbed, 'wonder-nuts' because he (Hahn) wonders where dey went! WHERE DEY!?!? :D

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
I think you forgot a hint of green in this post

Shhhh, don't tell. ;)

Uhhhhhh this guy is saying we're signing Cespedes to a 6 year $125-135 mil deal, per his "source" within the Sox.

@PatrickHoward50

Per source within the White Sox organization; team will ink Yoenis Cespedes to a 6-year deal. Dollar amount pegged at $125-135 million.

https://twitter.com/PatrickHoward50/status/...998926887518209

Rabbit, bucket any info here?

Edited by Sockin

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
Uhhhhhh this guy is saying we're signing Cespedes to a 6 year $125-135 mil deal, per his "source" within the Sox.

@PatrickHoward50

Per source within the White Sox organization; team will ink Yoenis Cespedes to a 6-year deal. Dollar amount pegged at $125-135 million.

https://twitter.com/PatrickHoward50/status/...998926887518209

Rabbit, bucket any info here?

Well, the guy sure seems pretty sure of himself. Fun read but I'll take it with a grain of salt until more info comes out one way or another.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:18 PM)
He also claims Melky will platoon with LaRoche at DH.

Just when it seems he might be credible, he comes up with that. Maybe that is just his dumb opinion and the information he received solid, but it is a red flag.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:24 PM)
This was followed quickly at mlbtraderumors with a piece on Alexei still being in play. I know that info was spoken of earlier, but it makes sense if theyre indeed signing Cespedes.

It makes no sense. Alexei is a declining ballplayer who spent the last 3 year putting on a clownshow. I realize this org. has a thing about young players, but I would hope they could fit ONE young ballplayer onto the team.

Cespedes is a veteran, and if he needs his hand held, I'd much rather a professional like Abreu leading the way.

5 years 110 would sound a lot better, hopefully a 6th year would be a mutual or team option. Not that I believe that source on twitter...Cespedes just makes too much sense.

Sign Cespedes and draft college hitters at 10 and 27. The overall hitting talent in the organization would finally start to tilt towards respectable.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:24 PM)
Well he already did bet his reputation when he put this on Twitter as if it were fact.

When he could just delete it and have it go away, or might just be playing games with people, he is just an unknown that has no reputation to lose. He might have something, and he may just be an asshole bro laughing at those he is getting excited.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:27 PM)
It makes no sense. Alexei is a declining ballplayer who spent the last 3 year putting on a clownshow. I realize this org. has a thing about young players, but I would hope they could fit ONE young ballplayer onto the team.

Cespedes is a veteran, and if he needs his hand held, I'd much rather a professional like Abreu leading the way.

Nah, they just don't want mediocre young players. Good ones,they want.

You, on the other hand, want mediocre young players