Sox Acquire All-Star 3B Todd Frazier from Reds in 3 team deal

Princess Dye

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:45 PM)
And his value comes if he can stick as a starter. IN LA, he has no chance of that.

Why? He still shouldn't be in the big leagues this year and the Dodgers have already shown they won't rush a guy to the bigs just to fill a bullpen role.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:41 AM)
#WhiteSox hit 136 HR last season, fewest in AL. Frazier and Lawrie combined to hit 51

https://twitter.com/scotgregor/status/677180524054446080

The Sox could realistically get around 100 homers out of their infield alone next year. 30-35 for Abreu and Frazier each, 15-20 for Lawrie and around 10 out of SS.

QUOTE (aboz56 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:40 AM)
Why is everyone sweating Thompson?

He played well late last season in meaningless games. Sox sold high.

Right there with you Alex. Great fielder, terrible bat, probably never going to hit at the major league level. If you eliminate his first week or so worth of ABs, he didn't really hit while he was here.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:46 AM)
True, they sold high, and that's why I'm not complaining more. But a guy coming up and immediately succeeding isn't something we see very much on the hitting side.

Im gonna disagree with that, September hot bats have stuck the Sox with some s***ty players the following season. Josh Fields and Jerry Owens i am looking at you

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:47 AM)
Seemed like most of them were on his slider, which to me was a better pitch than his fastball. As a starter though, he would struggle with only two pitches. Definite late-inning reliever to me.

They are becoming more and more important. One thing I would worry about is his body, but you can't teach 100.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)
Im gonna disagree with that, September hot bats have stuck the Sox with some s***ty players the following season. Josh Fields and Jerry Owens i am looking at you

At least Owens hit decent in the minors, Thompson out performed his minor league numbers by quite a bit.

To me the player who had the best risk:reward ratio in this deal is Montas and considering where the White Sox are, it makes a lot of sense to deal a SP who wasn't likely to start the year in the MLB rotation given how strong we are at the top of our rotation

Sox have a plus defender at 3B now with possibly Eaton in CF. That's two guys and C is solid so.. maybe three positions. Sox have power with Lawrie and Frazier coming in with Abreu (and whatever Eaton we see next season there :lol:). Great we need it.

Get us a RF, SS, possibly a LF (move Melky to DH) with average to above average defense (shortstop for sure), OBP (at least two hitters there) and power (maybe one more bat there... Upton?) And I really like our chances.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)
That is a good way to put it. All have potential, but need a lot to go right to hit that level.

We held on to our guys that have the highest odds to be starters (IMO) and we have a bunch of picks in the draft that should be upper level talents.

I still think the Sox are bringing in ONE more OF