2016 Catch All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 3, 2016 -> 10:36 AM)
What do you guys spend on that speed? I have 25mb service from ATT and it's $40/month.

I have it in my triple play package, though I am only paying for 85mb. I get cable, phone, internet for $190 (including the movie channels, HD, DVR, and a 2nd box.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2016 -> 09:01 AM)
I had been having stability problems for a while. I finally called and actually had a great experience. They sent someone out and it turned out squirrels had been chewing on the power lines. I am now pulling 125 mb download speed.

We had that same problem more than once. Damn squirrels.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 3, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)
:(

Not sure what exactly happened. I called and set up internet at my new house last Tuesday with the "self-install" option because I already had my own modem and the previous owners had Comcast. Plugged the modem in, called to set up the account, had it all activated in about 10 minutes. Worked great for a week. Then about midday yesterday, I got a voicemail from Comcast saying my service ticket was being cancelled because I had selected the self-install option so no service was needed. Weird, I hadn't made any service calls, so I just ignored it. I got home and of course the internet doesn't work, it just kicks me to the auto activation page.

That doesn't work, so I call and get transferred to their moving services line. The lady there was nice and helpful, but some of her remarks included "huh, I've never seen that before" and "I don't know why they would deactivate an account like this, hold on while I contact our internal help desk [five minutes of hold]." She supposedly got it all straightened out and then transferred me to account activation to get my modem registered. This guy was completely useless and after trying to to activate twice, told me I needed to go to my local Comcast office. Which, of course, is like 25 minutes away and only open 9-5 during weekdays. No idea what that office is going to be able to do that they couldn't do over the phone/remotely, and of course I'll have no way of verifying that everything's functional when I leave that office.

Google fiber can't come fast enough.

edit: I hate getting mad at CSRs because I know how s***ty of a job that can be (please don't yell at Southwest phone people, you may be yelling at my mom!) and really, it's not their fault that Comcast is such a pile of garbage company with underpaid and usually incompetent technicians.

I had a similar situation happen to me. They ended up cancelling my entire account as a customer, so I lost my easy to remember email and all account info. Took 8 days to correct and 6 one hour conversations.

I did lose my temper once, but for the most part I have had a good experience with comcast.

These flu bugs that run through households are ruthless. Something I never experienced until I had kids.

Friday the 3-year old pukes up her entire breakfast.

Saturday night my wife couldn't even keep water down.

Sunday the 5-month old finishes a bottle of milk and immediately pukes the entire thing up.

Last night it was my turn to spend the night in misery in the bathroom.

Luckily the kids didn't get it that bad, but it's crazy how it just goes from person to person, day by day.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 11:44 AM)
These flu bugs that run through households are ruthless. Something I never experienced until I had kids.

Sunday the 5-month old finishes a bottle of milk and immediately pukes the entire thing up.

Luckily the kids didn't get it that bad, but it's crazy how it just goes from person to person, day by day.

our house has a head/chest cold. Not pleasant

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)

Yeah...I never had an appreciation of this sort of stuff until we had kids. And the worse part is, that is when your kids really need you and you are just miserable and have to find every way to move forward. Stomach issue has gone through our house with my wife getting brunt of it and our 9 month old. So far my daughter and I have been lucky (and I'm praying it ends up that way).

And then there are colds, which I swear, never actually stop in our house (at least amongst the kids). Build up those immune systems kiddos :)

Who am I kidding, I never had any idea how much work it was being a parent until I actually became on, haha. Truly makes you appreciate what your parents ultimately did for you. And as they grow up so fast, you think, wow, before you know it they are going to be teenagers and not want to spend any time with you.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 11:44 AM)

Yeah these little kids really wreck the ol' immune system.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
http://slickdeals.net/f/8491785-coupon-for...tphone-required

If you aren't afraid of the health scare, free Chipotle burrito. They had me at "free" burrito :)

I got one and I've been eating there the whole time with no issues, Im a burrito bowl addict.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Yeah these little kids really wreck the ol' immune system.

No kidding. My daughter was born May 2014, and I'm pretty sure I've taken more sick days in the last two years than the prior 10 years combined.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
I got one and I've been eating there the whole time with no issues, Im a burrito bowl addict.

Same, I get the same thing every time too.

Brown rice

Pinto

Chicken

Veggies

Mild

Hot

Cheese

Guac

Lettuce

If I'm not as hungry I may get half rice or no guac, but I'm hooked to their guac.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)
I'm traumatized by Chipotle. Fear that place. When I interned downtown years ago, they'd make me go in and get a bunch of lunch orders there and it was so crowded and hectic.

I don't get what is so great about Chipotle. It isn't that good. There are so many dive type places I would rather go to that just blow it away. Give me a Taco Burrito King for starters.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 11:17 PM)
I don't get what is so great about Chipotle. It isn't that good. There are so many dive type places I would rather go to that just blow it away. Give me a Taco Burrito King for starters.

1. The steak isn't low-quality Steak Ems like most burrito places.

2. Consistency.

3. Many areas don't have a great authentic Mexican dive.

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)

+1

It's fine, but it's not earth shattering. And certainly not worth the $10-12 they charge.

I will say though, that their guac and lime chips are the bomb. I could eat that stuff all day.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)

Well I don't view it as mexican food, but in general, its affordable, high quality ingredients that you can turn into a relatively clean meal (as long as you monitor the portion aspects). It isn't greasy, etc.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
+1

It's fine, but it's not earth shattering. And certainly not worth the $10-12 they charge.

I will say though, that their guac and lime chips are the bomb. I could that stuff all day.

I think I spend like 7 bucks and get a massive amount of food.

Add me to the burrito bowl addict club.

Brown rice

No beans

Chicken or double chicken if I'm trying to add weight

Medium salsa

Cheese

Sour cream

Quac

Lettuce

I've gone to triple chicken before and it's always fun to see how much I get charged cause they always forget to add the quac or extra meat on my bill.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)

TBK is about as salty as food can get, really good drunk and terrible sober.

Chipotle's chicken and guac is what has got me hooked, the beans/salsa aren't terribly impressive but are good enough.