2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 07:58 PM)
Get the F*** out of the Democratic Thread with Fox News Insider links. Seriously, there's a thread next door for Sean Hannity and Fox Insider conspiracy theories. Go make the country a mess over there, we are building a better one.

Wow, such anger at me when these threads are all mixed and matched and not just by me. Also those stories were about Hillary and she is a Democrat, geez.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 01:55 PM)
He's against black lives matter.

Hmmm.... this man says it's all fixed and he's former Milkwaukee sheriff. Our country is a mess, folks. Hillary supporters can celebrate her victory but it doesn't mean she is fit. All these issues mentioned by the sheriff could have turned into huge scandals, but instead all the focus is on Cosby, I mean Trump.

It's really not. It's scary how easily manipulated you are by everything you read or hear.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
Wow, such anger at me when these threads are all mixed and matched and not just by me. Also those stories were about Hillary and she is a Democrat, geez.

Yes. And if you want to go advance your foolish, uneducated conspiracy theories from Fox Insider, that's literally what the Republican thread is for. That's why we made it, to the letter. You're taking Republican Conspiracy theories from the #1 Republican news source and wondering why the Democrats don't want to hear it any more.

Go wallow in the other thread with your conspiracy garbage. We've got work to do over here making this a better country and world.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 08:11 PM)
Yes. And if you want to go advance your foolish, uneducated conspiracy theories from Fox Insider, that's literally what the Republican thread is for. That's why we made it, to the letter. You're taking Republican Conspiracy theories from the #1 Republican news source and wondering why the Democrats don't want to hear it any more.

Go wallow in the other thread with your conspiracy garbage. We've got work to do over here making this a better country and world.

Don't mean to fight. But I'll get this straight. If my post is about a Democrat (Hillary) but is negative or extremely negative, I should put it in the Republican thread. But if a post is about a Republican (Trump) and is negative, put it in the Republican thread or the Democrat thread cause there are posts in here about how bad Trump is too. I think I've got it down pat. Just trying to figure out the rules and stay out of trouble on here.

Edited by greg775

Trump now thinks Hillary is taking some sort of PEDs for the debates. She should agree to it and them watch him back away.

He can't stoop any lower than he is, but apparently he wants everyone to see the entire bottom. If he can't get back on track and actually act like a decent human being, I do hope this campaign ruins him financially. I saw where Cuban predicts he will file for personal bankruptcy in the next seven years. Trump busted and disgusted sounds like a great plan.

Seriously, if this guy actually won how could any American be anything but embarrassed? Look at his behavior. Presidents don't do this.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
Get the F*** out of the Democratic Thread with Fox News Insider links. Seriously, there's a thread next door for Sean Hannity and Fox Insider conspiracy theories. Go make the country a mess over there, we are building a better one.

Why do you bother trying?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
Don't mean to fight. But I'll get this straight. If my post is about a Democrat (Hillary) but is negative or extremely negative, I should put it in the Republican thread. But if a post is about a Republican (Trump) and is negative, put it in the Republican thread or the Democrat thread cause there are posts in here about how bad Trump is too. I think I've got it down pat. Just trying to figure out the rules and stay out of trouble on here.

Greg, how can you actually be for Jesse Ventura when he stated he would never stand for the playing of the national anthem again? He claimed in 2011 that would raise his fist in the air ala Smith and Carlos in the 1968 Olympics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Ventura

See third paragraph, political criticisms.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)
Don't get mad at me for merely pointing out we could be hearing something outlandish each day about the Clintons if the media wanted to go there. They don't ... at this time. My educated guess is they will probably a year into her presidency for about 18 months before gearing up to support her re-election bid. Like Trump, Clintons have a lot of red flags had the media chosen to go that way. Since the FBI decided to save her, it's been all Trump all the time.

Neither Hillary nor Bill Clinton has ever done or said anything even remotely equivalent to this.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 09:11 PM)
Greg, how can you actually be for Jesse Ventura when he stated he would never stand for the playing of the national anthem again? He claimed in 2011 that would raise his fist in the air ala Smith and Carlos in the 1968 Olympics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Ventura

See third paragraph, political criticisms.

He served in the military though. So if he wants to protest, fine. I watched him on youtube saying he loves Colin for his stance cause we all have the right to free speech. I am against kneeling or sitting during the anthem, sure I am. But more than anything I was mad at the fact Colin was putting all the attention on himself in a team sport and I thought that was incredibly selfish and if I were the owner I'd be PISSED. Also I am standing up for the military who treat the anthem with such respect.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 08:03 PM)
He served in the military though. So if he wants to protest, fine. I watched him on youtube saying he loves Colin for his stance cause we all have the right to free speech. I am against kneeling or sitting during the anthem, sure I am. But more than anything I was mad at the fact Colin was putting all the attention on himself in a team sport and I thought that was incredibly selfish and if I were the owner I'd be PISSED. Also I am standing up for the military who treat the anthem with such respect.

But you also have to consider that minorities are disproportionately represented in the military.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/whos-joining-...targeted/43418/

There's no such thing as a Captain America-ish or Pat Tillman super patriotic soldier being the norm for all. Many African-American soldiers come from those same exact neighborhoods that have witnessed numerous racial profiling incidents as well as police shootings.

When you have to compete with the likes of Donald Trump and the Kardashians for media coverage, simply organizing community marches and local protests simply doesn't move the bar anymore. Taking a knee is much more respectful than flag burning, for example.

These email leaks really aren't contributing much of value, just a lot of noise. Mass dumps of irrelevant information without context is the opposite of how you'd want to reveal useful information. People have all lost their sense of what is news, including media organizations. Two dumbass headlines I've seen in the past 10 minutes:

"New York Times contacted Clinton before writing stories about her"

"Emails reveal highly scripted nature of a presidential campaign"

The first one is basic journalistic ethics! (Granted it was an Infowars guy I saw tweeting this but still." They also contacted Trump before writing stories about his sexual assault allegations. Bias.

The second one... ummm no s***? The Patriots offense is also very rehearsed and the coaches do a lot of advance preparation.

But many people are actually reading into all this nonsense.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 12:49 AM)
These email leaks really aren't contributing much of value, just a lot of noise. Mass dumps of irrelevant information without context is the opposite of how you'd want to reveal useful information. People have all lost their sense of what is news, including media organizations. Two dumbass headlines I've seen in the past 10 minutes:

"New York Times contacted Clinton before writing stories about her"

"Emails reveal highly scripted nature of a presidential campaign"

The first one is basic journalistic ethics! (Granted it was an Infowars guy I saw tweeting this but still." They also contacted Trump before writing stories about his sexual assault allegations. Bias.

The second one... ummm no s***? The Patriots offense is also very rehearsed and the coaches do a lot of advance preparation.

But many people are actually reading into all this nonsense.

Hack bmags says for a candidate people say is shady and untransparent we now have more private information about her and her staff than any candidate ever and...it's all stuff you could have gathered from her public speeches and persona. But it's salacious because it was SECRET (I.e. personal) communications!

Hypothetical if Clinton wins:

(Dang it I lost the image. Image going around of paul Ryan warning of Bernie sanders budget committee chair)

Obama really hurt himself by moving a lot of popular dems in senate and gov roles to admin. I think it's a no brainer to keep warren Murray and sanders in senate in powerful leadership roles.

But that does mean you will see a lot of retread clintonistas in admin roles. Having seen how much dems got killed on replacement seats just want to preemptively say that while I may hate some of the choices (like Summers is gonna make an appearance again isn't he?) I prefer it to losing senate/gov talent.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
http://azc.cc/2eF6NPm

The reaction to AZ newspaper that endorsed Clinton over Trump

(Hint: lots of death threats!)

Arizona is almost as nuts as Texas and Florida. I have a friend there who I'd call an intelligent conservative and even he can't take some of the citizens there.

Why does literally no one care about the horrible stuff coming out of Clinton email leaks? Clinton supporters just blame Russia or blame the messenger.

Why are you so beholden to Clinton?? How can intelligent people support her and not at least be outraged over these emails?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
Why does literally no one care about the horrible stuff coming out of Clinton email leaks? Clinton supporters just blame Russia or blame the messenger.

Why are you so beholden to Clinton?? How can intelligent people support her and not at least be outraged over these emails?

How many times are you going to ask this same question, ignore the answer, respond by posting a link to something Sean Hannity said, and then be bewildered when someone snaps on you?

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 08:48 PM)
Greg, can you go over in a little more detail what you are specifically outraged with in the emails that have come out this week?

Clinton was fed answers in debate.

She has media in hip pocket.

She communicated with high ranking officials helping her in email case.

She blasted Catholics.

1.8 million bucks for a few speeches.

Crooked.Hillary.IMO.

Also read this

Wall St. Journal

"Start with a June 2015 email to Clinton staffers from Erika Rottenberg, the former general counsel of LinkedIn. Ms. Rottenberg wrote that none of the attorneys in her circle of friends “can understand how it was viewed as ok/secure/appropriate to use a private server for secure documents AND why further Hillary took it upon herself to review them and delete documents.” She added: “It smacks of acting above the law and it smacks of the type of thing I’ve either gotten discovery sanctions for, fired people for, etc.”

This part is APPALLING

"A senior FBI official involved with the Clinton investigation told Fox News this week that the “vast majority” of career agents and prosecutors working the case “felt she should be prosecuted” and that giving her a pass was “a top-down decision.”

The Obama administration—the federal government, supported by tax dollars—was working as an extension of the Clinton campaign. The State Department coordinated with her staff in responding to the email scandal, and the Justice Department kept her team informed about developments in the court case.

Worse, Mrs. Clinton’s State Department, as documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act show, took special care of donors to the Clinton Foundation. In a series of 2010 emails, a senior aide to Mrs. Clinton asked a foundation official to let her know which groups offering assistance with the Haitian earthquake relief were “FOB” (Friends of Bill) or “WJC VIPs” (William Jefferson Clinton VIPs). Those who made the cut appear to have been teed up for contracts. Those who weren’t? Routed to a standard government website.

The leaks show that the foundation was indeed the nexus of influence and money. The head of the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Ira Magaziner, suggested in a 2011 email that Bill Clinton call Sheikh Mohammed of Saudi Arabia to thank him for offering the use of a plane. In response, a top Clinton Foundation official wrote: “Unless Sheikh Mo has sent us a $6 million check, this sounds crazy to do.”

So Hillary voters .... you don't care about all this, right? The Russians made it all up or leaked it. So blame Russia not Hillary. She is evil, folks. Go ahead and bury your heads in the sand. We know you don't care. Hillary does no wrong.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 09:38 PM)
Clinton was fed answers in debate.

She has media in hip pocket.

She communicated with high ranking officials helping her in email case.

She blasted Catholics.

1.8 million bucks for a few speeches.

Crooked.Hillary.IMO.

Greg, you're just digging yourself a deeper hole.

Once you go down that rabbit hole for too long, you might never come out again.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)

Because Trump grabs women by the p****. That's all that matters in this election.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 07:41 AM)
Because Trump grabs women by the p****. That's all that matters in this election.

Well that and the fact that he's campaigning on fascism.

Edit plus there's really not anything horrible coming out of these email leaks anyway

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 07:41 AM)

I mean, I'd like to focus more on policy, but between Clinton's tendency to be a windsock and Trump's inability to maintain a consistent position on anything other than THE WALL, it's hard to do that.

Also, for the nation's chief executive, policy generally shouldn't be #1 anyway. It's about leadership skills.