rhuesmann35

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/team/depth_chart/?c_id=tb

Jennings and Guyer are their obvious luxuries to carry on the roster, Jennings more from a salary and injury standpoint.

Nick Franklin is another.

Who is Pena? I hope not Carlos again. And you counted Desmond Jennings twice.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 20, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
Over the last two seasons:

Player A: .261/.358/.401/.759

Player B: .266/.348/.393/.741

Player A is Dexter Fowler, Player B is Brandon Guyer.

Rays have Morrison/Pearce/Pena/Dickerson/Kiermaier/Jennings/Mahtook/Souza Jr./Jennings/Guyer for DH, 1B and the three outfield spots. That's ten guys for five spots. They have to move a few guys. Guyer gives the Sox a pre-arb outfielder who can play good defense at all positions. He's a luxury as a 4th outfielder and a strong insurance option for Avi. He's a grinder too, hah.

Guyer looks like an interesting idea. He's yet another late bloomer (didn't do a thing until 28) for throngs who say it rarely happens.

The Rays and Astros appear to make the best trade partners for the Sox. Not sure what Houston still needs but the Rays were rumored to be seeking a bullpen arm so the Sox and Rays could match up well for a trade.

I like the Guyer idea but I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa pushes to trade Jennings.

Rays have Morrison/Pearce/Pena/Dickerson/Kiermaier/Jennings/Mahtook/Souza Jr./Jennings/Guyer for DH, 1B and the three outfield spots. That's ten guys for five spots. They have to move a few guys. Guyer gives the Sox a pre-arb outfielder who can play good defense at all positions. He's a luxury as a 4th outfielder and a strong insurance option for Avi. He's a grinder too, hah.

vs. RHP

L CF Eaton

S LF Cabrera

R 1B Abreu

R 3B Frazier

L DH LaRoche

R 2B Lawrie

R RF Garcia/Guyer

L C Navila

R SS Saladino

vs. LHP

L CF Eaton

R RF Guyer

R 1B Abreu

R 3B Frazier

S LF Cabrera

R DH Garcia

R 2B Lawrie

R C Navarro

R SS Saladino

Wow, love that idea. Splits against lefties look great last year too, .844 OPS.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 20, 2016 -> 07:29 AM)

vs. RHP

L CF Eaton

S LF Cabrera

R 1B Abreu

R 3B Frazier

L DH LaRoche

R 2B Lawrie

R RF Garcia/Guyer

L C Navila

R SS Saladino

vs. LHP

L CF Eaton

R RF Guyer

R 1B Abreu

R 3B Frazier

S LF Cabrera

R DH Garcia

R 2B Lawrie

R C Navarro

R SS Saladino

Guyer would be better as the right handed part of a platoon (.673 OPS against righties). We've already got Avi for that.

Guyer also did that with only 679 PAs over the 2 years while Fowler maintained it for 1195 PAs.

Those Guyer numbers look slightly better than a guy who did this over 2 seasons:

.265/.322/.404/.725 in 958 PAs (Conor Gillaspie)

Edited by Vance Law

One player that may find himself on the move is Brandon Guyer. Teams may not be convinced of Desmond Jennings' health andthey may be more intrigued by the possibility of Brandon Guyer who hit .265/.359/.413 spanning 385 plate appearances in 2015. He has three years of team control remaining and is only due to make $1.185MM in 2016. In the event that another outfielder was needed during the 2016 campaign the Rays could turn to Mikie Mahtook or even Richie Shaffer who may play some outfield in Durham this year.

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/rays-rost...-and-trade-talk

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 20, 2016 -> 12:23 PM)
A potential fit is Coghlan if the Cubs end up bringing back Fowler.

I like Coghlan's LHB, pop and corner OF defense. If the cubs were smart, they would let Fowler sign elsewhere, get the pick and re-sign Jackson. Problem with that idea is if they brought Jackson back, they are probably might prefer to move Solar instead of Coghlan to keep a better balance of LH/RH OF bats.

Would freaking love Coghlan. Dude was pretty much Alex Gordon in LF last season. Dunno if it was an outliner though, but he would still improve the sox defensively. (and offensively)

And thus another reason why the Cubs aren't bringing back Fowler. They don't need him.

Cubs got really fortunate on that Coghlan reclamation project. Sox could use one of those..maybe an internal reclamation from Avi or someone.

vs. RHP

L CF Eaton

S LF Cabrera

R 1B Abreu

R 3B Frazier

L DH LaRoche

R 2B Lawrie

R RF Garcia/Guyer

L C Navila

R SS Saladino

vs. LHP

L CF Eaton

R RF Guyer

R 1B Abreu

R 3B Frazier

S LF Cabrera

R DH Garcia

R 2B Lawrie

R C Navarro

R SS Saladino

Guyer would be a nice addition. Coghlan is a guy that I've talked about a lot too. In a perfect world, you could nab Guyer and Coghlan. Probably not realistic at all though and would potentially cause some bench issues with LaRoche and Garcia rostered as well.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Feb 21, 2016 -> 06:56 PM)
Jackson can play all 3 outfield spots.

he also gives the Sox the ability to hide Laroche from left handed pitching.

I guess they want to see what they have with Sands and a couple of others.

I think it says that Boras still wants too much $$ for Jackson.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 01:56 AM)
Jackson can play all 3 outfield spots.

he also gives the Sox the ability to hide Laroche from left handed pitching.

I guess they want to see what they have with Sands and a couple of others.

whether or not is is solely bases on his agent, it is really obvious, that the sox are sticking to their internal budget and are not moving. so this is why i really don't see anymore fa signings.

for me,i can see the latos signing and the what he signed as proof.

Man, Jackson and Boras are really playing the waiting game. I wonder if they are waiting to see what Fowler signs for? Players are reporting to ST and there's still no viable rumors on Jackson, just speculation on teams that could be a fit.

I think DA was right when he said Jackson's price might still be considered too high. Imo, an average bat with plus OF defense and no comp pick attachment should have been signed by now.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
He's 28 so regular free agent.

He will be when he is cleared by MLB. I haven't seen an update saying he has officially been cleared, but I assume since he has a showcase tomorrow it should happen soon.

“We’re looking for any way to get better,” Hahn said, when asked if he liked to add another outfielder. “The final couple spots on the roster will come down to a combination of platoon advantage, speed, defense and positional flexibility.”

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/brett-...-series-caliber

I have a feeling Will Venable is the most likely fit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 03:07 PM)
“We’re looking for any way to get better,” Hahn said, when asked if he liked to add another outfielder. “The final couple spots on the roster will come down to a combination of platoon advantage, speed, defense and positional flexibility.”

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/brett-...-series-caliber

I have a feeling Will Venable is the most likely fit.

Which may well mean if a guy like Fowler is signed, that Garcia ends up in the minors