2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
I think his net average is the worst in the NFL actually. It was last week.

I was going on my pure eye ball test, but it seems like he had been doing a good job. I wonder how much of that net average was impacted by that big return in the Lions game (given small sample size) where our entire unit massively failed. I had read a few things the past week highlighting that he had become a pretty good punter as well (which seemed to validate my eyes).

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 02:16 PM)
I was going on my pure eye ball test, but it seems like he had been doing a good job. I wonder how much of that net average was impacted by that big return in the Lions game (given small sample size) where our entire unit massively failed. I had read a few things the past week highlighting that he had become a pretty good punter as well (which seemed to validate my eyes).

He has been a huge failure. Last game was fine, but when we need him to flip a field he hits it 20 yards out of bounds. When we can pin them deep, he kicks it to the 20 or touch back. He's really bad.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 02:14 PM)
He has a backup QB, is on their third string rb, lost his #2 WR. The bears talent on offense is nonexistent, but are able to execute a similar game plan to Gase in that it can now waste time. You seem to occupy this weird zone where it's everyones fault and no ones fault.

It was hot takes when we correctly pointed out after preseason chiefs game that this team had no talent. It was hot takes after game one. Now that their rookie OC is starting to put things together with this group of terrible, he should be fired. OK.

I just think having Brian Hoyer throw the ball 45+ times per game isn't a recipe for success. They have the best RB on the roster playing right now. Him being #3 is a weak argument. The rest I pretty much agree with. Injuries are their main issue but I don't think Loggains has helped matters. This team is probably 3-3 with Cutler healthy but it doesn't really matter.

Bears and Packers have a combined 24 players on their injured lists. Now they have to play on three days rest. These Thursday night games are a joke.

It's probably going to be an awful game too. 13-10 or something like that.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 10:11 AM)
Bears and Packers have a combined 24 players on their injured lists. Now they have to play on three days rest. These Thursday night games are a joke.

Couldn't agree more regarding Thursday night games. The games typically suck and it's complete hypocrisy from the league and their player safety mantra.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)

Make the season 18 weeks. Each team gets two byes, one is mandatory the week before the Thursday night game. Problem solved.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 10:32 AM)
Couldn't agree more regarding Thursday night games. The games typically suck and it's complete hypocrisy from the league and their player safety mantra.

I don't get why you don't set it up so that teams who play on Thursday do it after the bye week. I realize that gets a little difficult the first couple weeks of the season when there is no bye, but there is no reason not to do that during those bye weeks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
Make the season 18 weeks. Each team gets two byes, one is mandatory the week before the Thursday night game. Problem solved.

I have zero problem with extending the season and adding the second bye week. I wouldn't think the league or players would as well. Extra week of games on TV is more money for everyone and more rest for players, etc. I honestly see no reason it wouldn't be supported. And the quality of football should be better because I would presume you'd have less people miss games (thanks to the addition of an extra bye week).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 10:48 AM)
I don't get why you don't set it up so that teams who play on Thursday do it after the bye week. I realize that gets a little difficult the first couple weeks of the season when there is no bye, but there is no reason not to do that during those bye weeks.

How about no Thursday games in weeks where there are no byes? Of course they'd never do that because of the money they'd be losing, which is ultimately all that matters to them.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
How about no Thursday games in weeks where there are no byes? Of course they'd never do that because of the money they'd be losing, which is ultimately all that matters to them.

I think the other counter which was add an extra week and thus you have two byes weeks and therefor anyteam who plays on Thursday is coming off of a bye week (and for those teams that play a Thursday in weeks 2/3/4, sure their is a little disadvantage to having the bye that early, but reality is with two bye weeks, you are likely to have one early in the season and one late anyway (and reality is depending on injuries, you might actually benefit from an early bye if you had guys banged up in preseason or early in a game).

I can't think of a scenario for why you wouldn't expand the season and add an additional bye week. It makes too much sense. More money, no more games played, extra rest for players. Players and owners both get more money and players get more rest (no one plays more games...I guess players have an extra week of practice, but probably easily worth the additional money).

In other words, he hasn't figured out how to hack into other teams tablets...

Eric Fisher ‏@EricFisherSBJ 1h1 hour ago

Bill Belichick on Surface tablets used on sidelines re big NFL deal w Microsoft: "I'm done with the tablets. They're just too undependable."

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)

They did that in 1993 and 2001.

It's a good idea.

http://deadspin.com/5770208/the-smart-way-...ks-not-18-games

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014/...have-an-18-week

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-1...i7115ub7fbnt42a

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 01:54 PM)
In other words, he hasn't figured out how to hack into other teams tablets...

Eric Fisher ‏@EricFisherSBJ 1h1 hour ago

Bill Belichick on Surface tablets used on sidelines re big NFL deal w Microsoft: "I'm done with the tablets. They're just too undependable."

:lol:

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 01:09 PM)
Eddie Lacy's weight has nothing to do with his ankle injury.

Packers starting RB tonight is Don Jackson. This dude is really good, let me tell ya. I have no idea who he is.

Don Jackson won me some money in college fantasy football. Turns out nobody really picks players from U. of Nevada.