2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 06:20 AM)
Unsure what you mean by this, I was under the impression that Cutlers contract isnt guaranteed in any way going forward, he is basically year to year now. Are you saying if he gets injured this season, that his contract somehow becomes guaranteed going forward?

I doubt Barkley starts a game. He is baaaaaaaaaad

Am I mistaken? I know if we cut him nothing is guaranteed, but for some reason, I presumed if he was hurt, we weren't able to cut him. Am I wrong? Might very well be. Maybe I'm making stuff up because of the whole Colin kaeperneck situation.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
Am I mistaken? I know if we cut him nothing is guaranteed, but for some reason, I presumed if he was hurt, we weren't able to cut him. Am I wrong? Might very well be. Maybe I'm making stuff up because of the whole Colin kaeperneck situation.

If someone is hurt, you'd have to come to an injury settlement to cut someone. Though I THINK they mean after this season, and not during it.

Just in: Cutler's thumb has miraculously healed and he's cleared to play. Fox says Cutler is obviously the starter and there never really was a competition.

I'm sure that Fox is completely telling the truth about this.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
Not sure what else you guys would like them to do, honestly.

I'm just pointing out that Fox is transparently full of s*** here. He is from the school of NFL coaching that believes actually copping to anything for any reason ever is a vulnerability, so they lie about nonsense for no reason.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
I'm just pointing out that Fox is transparently full of s*** here. He is from the school of NFL coaching that believes actually copping to anything for any reason ever is a vulnerability, so they lie about nonsense for no reason.

Well he's been in a bit of a rough position, tbh. He's going to get criticized no matter what he says in regards to the qb position.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
There goes a top 3 pick..

Not sure about that. A line of Eric Kush and Ted Larsen, and a defensive line in shambles. Plus, we do need to see more of what cam meredith is, what jordan howard is. Matt Barkley at QB is terrible for development.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 01:12 PM)

Yeah, this is pretty much how you have to look at it. Getting upset about it is a waste of energy.

The Bears will get crushed, because the Vikings are really good, and the Bears are one of the worst teams in the league with or without Cutler, but we pretty much know what (or who) the media will be talking about next week.

Fortunately, one more half a season, and we'll be done with this.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
The Bears will get crushed, because the Vikings are really good, and the Bears are one of the worst teams in the league with or without Cutler, but we pretty much know what (or who) the media will be talking about next week.

Vikings are only 5 point favorites, surprisingly. I think the vikings should win easily too.

Even if this was truly a competition, and Hoyer wasn't injured, would you guys have not brought back Cutler anyways? What Hoyer has done at times has been nice, but at the end of the day the offense hasn't been scoring touchdowns. I don't really think Hoyer has proven anything other than he can accumulate meaningless statistics between the 20's.

Oh no, the Bears have years of this to come. They have a huge talent gap to make up to catch up to the good teams in the NFL.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
Even if this was truly a competition, and Hoyer wasn't injured, would you guys have not brought back Cutler anyways? What Hoyer has done at times has been nice, but at the end of the day the offense hasn't been scoring touchdowns. I don't really think Hoyer has proven anything other than he can accumulate meaningless statistics between the 20's.

it sure seemed like Fox was ready to go with Hoyer

Vikings have the best defense in the league. They have the worst OL in the NFL right now though, not a great running game, and Sam Bradford is a statue.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 03:03 PM)
Oh no, the Bears have years of this to come. They have a huge talent gap to make up to catch up to the good teams in the NFL.

I meant the nonsensical, mostly-imaginary Cutler takes. There will finally be something else to talk about, or complain about.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)

I would not have. Cutler's the better option to win some games you have no business winning (gunslinger v. game manager) and I want this team to lose, lose, lose.