2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 12:57 PM)
By then it would've been year 3 of a rebuilding project, that isn't time to be okay with still losing games. I'd be really annoyed if they were still lacking a sense of urgency about developing a QB prospect, especially considering how difficult it is to do so these days with most QB prospects not being ready for the NFL.

So what you're ultimately saying is that if we draft a qb high enough that you'd be ok with them cutting Jay?

Why not just keep him if that guy won't be ready to play yet anyways?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
So what you're ultimately saying is that if we draft a qb high enough that you'd be ok with them cutting Jay?

Why not just keep him if that guy won't be ready to play yet anyways?

The bolded is what I'd do. I don't really see the point in getting rid of Cutler sight unseen. It's not like they need the cap space, they have tons because of the rebuild.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 01:10 PM)
The bolded is what I'd do. I don't really see the point in getting rid of Cutler sight unseen. It's not like they need the cap space, they have tons because of the rebuild.

Yeah, I agree.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)

I agree, especially now that cap hits are so low. The exception is if he has more trade value than realized

i thought i heard Hub talking about adding and removing people from the IR, and you only had so many you could remove from the IR and activate. Basically what he was saying was if McPhee, Wilson and later White return, then Fuller will not play a down this season. I may have misheard that, but that would truly show that Foxco wants zero part of Fuller, which is insane considering the state of their CBs

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 03:09 PM)
i thought i heard Hub talking about adding and removing people from the IR, and you only had so many you could remove from the IR and activate. Basically what he was saying was if McPhee, Wilson and later White return, then Fuller will not play a down this season. I may have misheard that, but that would truly show that Foxco wants zero part of Fuller, which is insane considering the state of their CBs

Might be more or less Pace and company as well. Fuller was drafted by old regime (Emery). Don't think org is too attached to him. He and Jeffery I believe are the only ones left now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 01:09 PM)

I believe Wilson can come back and it has no impact on Fuller or White, however, for those players who got hurt during the season (and who weren't out all of training camp) and you could only reactivate one of those (with Fuller & White both being in that camp, so the Bears can only pick one).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 04:51 PM)
I believe Wilson can come back and it has no impact on Fuller or White, however, for those players who got hurt during the season (and who weren't out all of training camp) and you could only reactivate one of those (with Fuller & White both being in that camp, so the Bears can only pick one).

Wilson and McPhee both came off the PUP list. Now in the NFL, you just place people on season ending IR and you have the option to bring one player back. Fuller and White are both eligible. Pace basically said he thinks White will be back by week 13. So yes, Fuller probably misses the year and gets dealt in the offseason.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
Wilson and McPhee both came off the PUP list. Now in the NFL, you just place people on season ending IR and you have the option to bring one player back. Fuller and White are both eligible. Pace basically said he thinks White will be back by week 13. So yes, Fuller probably misses the year and gets dealt in the offseason.

Such a dumb rule. Given all the stuff about player safety, I don't really understand why they limit it so much. I would think at least having two spots back would make sense (while freeing up roster spots for others). Is the fear you would just hide people on this IR or something?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 05:36 PM)
Such a dumb rule. Given all the stuff about player safety, I don't really understand why they limit it so much. I would think at least having two spots back would make sense (while freeing up roster spots for others). Is the fear you would just hide people on this IR or something?

Yeah that's exactly why. Teams would just IR guys that aren't injured all the time.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 04:49 PM)
Might be more or less Pace and company as well. Fuller was drafted by old regime (Emery). Don't think org is too attached to him. He and Jeffery I believe are the only ones left now.

Arent Long, Wilson, O'Donnell, Leno Jr all Emery regime? I know Long is for sure

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 07:26 AM)
Arent Long, Wilson, O'Donnell, Leno Jr all Emery regime? I know Long is for sure

Jeffery, Long, Wilson, O'Donnell, Leno, Sutton, Washington, Carey, Jones, Fuller are all Emery picks. Might be couple more too.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 07:40 AM)
Jeffery, Long, Wilson, O'Donnell, Leno, Sutton, Washington, Carey, Jones, Fuller are all Emery picks. Might be couple more too.

Totally forgot about Long. The others aren't really favorites with the Pace regime. In fact, I definitely see Sutton and a couple of others gone by next season. Hell, Sutton was nearly cut before the season started.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 06:36 PM)

The Patriots would keep like 20 players on IR.

Pace didn't so much get rid of so many of Emery's players because all of the Emery players were bad, so much as they would've been useless in a 3-4 and they had no place in the new system. They kept guys like Houston and Young though.

San Diego had a ballot measure up for vote last night that would have established a hotel tax to fund stadium bonds. It lost badly.

The Chargers have until January to pick up an offer to move to Los Angeles, and you have to figure they will join the Rams after last night.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 08:56 AM)
San Diego had a ballot measure up for vote last night that would have established a hotel tax to fund stadium bonds. It lost badly.

The Chargers have until January to pick up an offer to move to Los Angeles, and you have to figure they will join the Rams after last night.

And on the other side of the coin, Arlington approved funding for an unneeded baseball stadium

http://deadspin.com/arlington-voters-appro...blic-1788748232

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 08:56 AM)

Good. Pay for your own stadiums, owners.