2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel so bad for Cutler. Sure he had bad games, but fans NEVER gave him credit to what he actually brought to the field day in and day out.

His toughness speaks volumes playing through injury and going through the BS he had too. Meatheads and the national media will never give this guy any credit.

I for one thank you Jay Cutler for what you brought to the city of Chicago and the BS that you had to put up with.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
I feel so bad for Cutler. Sure he had bad games, but fans NEVER gave him credit to what he actually brought to the field day in and day out.

His toughness speaks volumes playing through injury and going through the BS he had too. Meatheads and the national media will never give this guy any credit.

I for one thank you Jay Cutler for what you brought to the city of Chicago and the BS that you had to put up with.

I cant say I feel bad for him. He was supposed to win when he came here. He didnt. He was supposed to be one of the better QB's in the game. He wasnt. Even when fans came around to accept him for what he was he under performed to that expectation as well. That invited all the unfair criticism and he has to just put on his big boy pants and accept it because, by in large, he failed here.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
I cant say I feel bad for him. He was supposed to win when he came here. He didnt. He was supposed to be one of the better QB's in the game. He wasnt. Even when fans came around to accept him for what he was he under performed to that expectation as well. That invited all the unfair criticism and he has to just put on his big boy pants and accept it because, by in large, he failed here.

The problem is that he has just been surrounding with some awful teams. Yeah he hasn't done anything to help the matter, but this is just a horrible run of Bears teams.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)

Completely agree with everything said.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
The problem is that he has just been surrounding with some awful teams. Yeah he hasn't done anything to help the matter, but this is just a horrible run of Bears teams.

I refuse to make excuses for him anymore though. He is one unlucky motherf***er to always have a combo/collection/one bad element of bad coaching, bad line, bad receivers, bad play calling, bad route running that lead to his doom.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
I refuse to make excuses for him anymore though. He is one unlucky motherf***er to always have a combo/collection/one bad element of bad coaching, bad line, bad receivers, bad play calling, bad route running that lead to his doom.

The thing is that anytime he is out, it gets worse.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)

You give him that first year of Trestman's offense with those playmakers and the defense they went to the NFC Championship game with and they go to a Super Bowl under Cutler.

Management didn't give Cutler ANY weapons on offense when the defense was fantastic. New regime comes in, gives Cutler weapons and the Bears defense went to the laughing stock of the NFL.

Sure, some games are Cutler's fault, but 95% of them weren't

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
The thing is that anytime he is out, it gets worse.

Except with McCown. Backup QBs do tend to be worse than Cutler, but not claiming he isn't a low, low end starter in league.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
Except with McCown. Backup QBs do tend to be worse than Cutler, but not claiming he isn't a low, low end starter in league.

I mean, McCown went 4-3 as a bears starter over 3 seasons, he really didnt do better. He just had Alshon completely beasting

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 12:47 PM)
I mean, McCown went 4-3 as a bears starter over 3 seasons, he really didnt do better. He just had Alshon completely beasting

His statement was it got worse, not that it "didn't get better", but also that win percentage is higher than Cutlers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 02:08 PM)
CSN Chicago ‏@CSNChicago 15m15 minutes ago

Bears don't view Jay Cutler's shoulder injury as season-ending - http://bit.ly/2fscwat

#BearsTalk

This is just Fox being weird about it though right? He thinks they will give a competitive advantage...at 2-8....