2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)
You don't see that many drops when you watch 8 year olds playing flag football. And it isn't like Barkley is throwing 100 MPH fastballs.

I thought I was recording the game, so I tuned in to watch a few hours after the start, only to find out that it didn't record. It's not exactly appointment tv at this point, so I flipped to the live action with a little more than 3 minutes left in the game. I saw four dropped passes.

I didn't see a single jersey worn by a fan of a player that was playing in the game today.

We had found seats in the north end zone at the end of the game, if that drop was as bad as it looked from those seats, Bellamy should never play another game. But draft pick, go 49ers!

So if you are Kubiak do you try a 62 yard field goal, knowing if he misses it KC will very likely win the game? I think if he doesn't try the field goal he gets reamed on talk radio and social media and fans rip him a new one. However ... a 62-yard field goal??

I guess he was able to go for it and not take any heat because of the altitude in Denver and fact the kicker has a realistic shot at making it if he properly boots the ball.

I know why he tried the game-winning field goal, but in second-guessing retrospect, it cost him the game. Should be interesting to see how his team bounces back after a disappointing loss like that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
So I get that the Bears have a ton of injuries at WR, but what did the drop, like 10 passes? Barkley got better as the game went on, but holy s*** were the wide outs bad.

That being said, glad to see them lose the game and not hurt their draft position.

Just keep losing.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 12:31 AM)
So if you are Kubiak do you try a 62 yard field goal, knowing if he misses it KC will very likely win the game? I think if he doesn't try the field goal he gets reamed on talk radio and social media and fans rip him a new one. However ... a 62-yard field goal??

I guess he was able to go for it and not take any heat because of the altitude in Denver and fact the kicker has a realistic shot at making it if he properly boots the ball.

I know why he tried the game-winning field goal, but in second-guessing retrospect, it cost him the game. Should be interesting to see how his team bounces back after a disappointing loss like that.

Their play calling sucked after they got into KC territory. 5 more yards and that field goal is a lot more makeable. Instead they threw it twice and gave KC time to drive down the field.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
Alex Smith is the luckiest QB in NFL history. So average but gets on teams with top defenses.

He and Andy Reid are a great match. Reid's offense allows a QB like Smith to succeed.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)
So nice to see my Raiders being relevant once again. They actually have a chance to make some noise in the post-season. Need to go buy a Khalil Mack jersey soon.

Now that the Packers playoff chances are just about over. This is the team I'm going to root for in the playoffs. Such a fun team to watch.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 03:05 PM)
Bears have been completely destroyed by injuries for 3 straight years it seems like. Maybe our staff needs to reevaluate the players they acquire or the routines they are using.

routines and training staffs dont prevent roll ups and guys stepping on feet