Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:49 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 2h2 hours ago

Robin Ventura said 14yo Drake La Roche is "probably more mature than most of the guys in there."

Why is the manager still making loaded comments? Do they not want this to die down at all?

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 37s38 seconds ago

Adam LaRoche's retirement paperwork has been filed.

So, what do the Sox do with all of those AL and Drake bobbleheads they were going to use on their father son day?

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
I think anyone who supported LaRoche is going to be gone, whether before OD, around the TDL or this offseason. Sale and Eaton especially. :angry: IMO this will start the scorched earth rebuild. 2016 is a failure before it even started IMO. They are going to quit on the management, and it would not surprise me if Sale sticks it to the Sox by complaining of either Injury or just jakes the season. I think the Sox know that and it would not surprise me if Sale is NOT the OD starter, and instead is elsewhere on 4/4.

This might be the most ridiculous post here. Why would Sale sabotage his career in order to stick it to management?

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:12 PM)
It's about time Laroche came out and said something. I'm personally glad it has boiled down to this now--one of those 2 guys is lying, or at the very least, bending the truth to fit their own narrative. Once they get in the room and meet with JR it shouldn't take too long to figure out who is full of it, and then it's head rolling time. It's 2 weeks until the season starts, Reinsdorf is going to squash this one way or the other shortly.

I think if anything, KW is going to step down; I just don't see JR firing him. Nor do I see any players being traded over this.

Who knows as far as Laroche goes, and if he would reconsider his retirement if KW is out of the picture.

again, if this was indeed a contractual violation, laroche reps, lawyer and his agent would be all over the media crying foul.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:13 PM)
I'm getting the feeling that Sale doesn't want to play for the Sox anymore, and it probably goes well beyond this incident. He may be regretting the team-friendly contract that he signed.

never thought of that.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 37s38 seconds ago

Adam LaRoche's retirement paperwork has been filed.

Fantastic news.

LaRoche needs to be gone for good. He has proven to be a totally selfish player and totally unprofessional.

Impossible to justify any of his actions; especially when you consider he is a 10+ year veteran and is from a second generation MLB family.

He decides to make THIS his "line in the sand" issue? THIS is what he starts a nuclear war over??

There is NO noble cause here. He is NOT some kind of champion who is fighting to overcome some terrible social evil.

Let's celebrate his departure.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)
Glad to see Robin got the memo on the silence from the team.

I don't know, in Robin's case it could be constructive. He's a player's coach who is generally well-liked by his team. Unlike Kenny, Robin's one of them.

When somebody like that makes a curt statement about the behavior coming out of the clubhouse, it may make them think more seriously about the way they're acting.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 2h2 hours ago

Robin Ventura said 14yo Drake La Roche is "probably more mature than most of the guys in there."

Yes! That's what I want to see out of you, Robin!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:00 PM)
If that is the case, I take back what I said.

Too many voices right now from management. They should probably speak with one voice. This is of course the downside of having the (imo) stupid FO setup they have where Hahn and KW both share media responsibilities. KW should never ever be doing interviews IMO. That should be 100% Hahn and RV.

Robin's comment was tongue-in-cheek.

QUOTE (59th street @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
Fantastic news.

LaRoche needs to be gone for good. He has proven to be a totally selfish player and totally unprofessional.

Impossible to justify any of his actions; especially when you consider he is a 10+ year veteran and is from a second generation MLB family.

He decides to make THIS his "line in the sand" issue? THIS is what he starts a nuclear war over??

I think it's worse. I think he was tired of baseball, he was hurting, he was coming off a bad year, and this was the tipping point. People will remember that he retired because they asked him to bring his kid around less but it was more likely a bunch of factors, most involving him no longer being good at baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:58 PM)
If you watch the video, the bigger issue is they don't trust KW now. Also, after reading LaRoche letter again, it's interesting he left out whether or not he complied to the first request like he said he would if anything came up

who cares if they the player do not trust kw, their job to is to play ball and get to the playoff.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
Robin's comment was tongue-in-cheek.

I think it's worse. I think he was tired of baseball, he was hurting, he was coming off a bad year, and this was the tipping point. People will remember that he retired because they asked him to bring his kid around less but it was more likely a bunch of factors, most involving him no longer being good at baseball.

Hahn and LaRoche and Drake met in a smoke filled room last week and this is the plan they came up with.

lmfao this whole thing is just too much.

People continuing to tweet from all of this is just hilarious, namely manager / high profile players.

All I hope is that we bring in something with the added money.