4/6 Sox @ Oakland

Jose Abreu

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 02:12 PM)
Dude you need Chromecast or Apple TV. No need to watch a baseball game on an iPad. Link it and stream it to your TV.

My guess on the lineup tonight and tomorrow.

DH Eaton

SS Rollins

1B Abreu

3B Frazier

LF Melky

2B Lawrie

RF Shuck

C Avila

CF Jackson

Tomorrow

RF Eaton

SS Saladino

1B Abreu

3B Frazier

LF Melky

DH Garcia

2B Lawrie

C Navarro

CF Jackson

I've been watching it on my tablet when I'm using the TV to play PS4. :)

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 02:12 PM)
Dude you need Chromecast or Apple TV. No need to watch a baseball game on an iPad. Link it and stream it to your TV.

I have an Apple TV, and a PS4 - multiple ways to stream the games with MLB.TV. I just think the picture is significantly better on an ipad/laptop versus streaming via Apple TV - I admittedly haven't tried the PS4 yet as I bought it this winter.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 04:57 PM)
I have an Apple TV, and a PS4 - multiple ways to stream the games with MLB.TV. I just think the picture is significantly better on an ipad/laptop versus streaming via Apple TV - I admittedly haven't tried the PS4 yet as I bought it this winter.

MLB.tv on Roku streams pretty damn nice. Watched last night and it looked fantastic.....but I have a decent internet speed too.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
MLB.tv on Roku streams pretty damn nice. Watched last night and it looked fantastic.....but I have a decent internet speed too.

Lucky you. Literally has not worked for more than 5 minutes for me since opening day. It worked all day Sunday zero problems for all the games I don't GAF about. I'm an IT guy I've tried many things and it just either lags out or is so descyned with the audio (audio is ahead by a good 5 seconds) that it ruins watching.

Have been watching on my desktop, which has a nice 27" monitor, but would prefer to be able to watch it on the couch in the living room at times. Hoping it works tonight.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
Lucky you. Literally has not worked for more than 5 minutes for me since opening day. It worked all day Sunday zero problems for all the games I don't GAF about. I'm an IT guy I've tried many things and it just either lags out or is so descyned with the audio (audio is ahead by a good 5 seconds) that it ruins watching.

Have been watching on my desktop, which has a nice 27" monitor, but would prefer to be able to watch it on the couch in the living room at times. Hoping it works tonight.

Is it due to choppy internet connection / broadband? Mine is full HD although there the ocassional pauses that drive me nuts, but that is because I have crappy internet that is spotty from time to time. Overall it worked far better than prior years. When I cut the cord finally this June, I'll upgrade my broadband a bit (presuming there will be a special around that time to get some higher speeds). Gigabit is coming...which I don't need, but google is also coming eventually and that should drive down prices :)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 06:04 PM)
Is it due to choppy internet connection / broadband? Mine is full HD although there the ocassional pauses that drive me nuts, but that is because I have crappy internet that is spotty from time to time. Overall it worked far better than prior years. When I cut the cord finally this June, I'll upgrade my broadband a bit (presuming there will be a special around that time to get some higher speeds). Gigabit is coming...which I don't need, but google is also coming eventually and that should drive down prices :)

I thought that might be the issue but at the same time it's locked up on the smart TV it's running absolutely fine on my desktop. I'm thinking it's a problem with my router playing nicely with the TV. Going to try some more troubleshooting tonight including seeing if I can assign a manual IP to my TV.

It worked perfectly all day Sunday and since then it's been crap. Oh well, 1st world problems.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
I thought that might be the issue but at the same time it's locked up on the smart TV it's running absolutely fine on my desktop. I'm thinking it's a problem with my router playing nicely with the TV. Going to try some more troubleshooting tonight including seeing if I can assign a manual IP to my TV.

It worked perfectly all day Sunday and since then it's been crap. Oh well, 1st world problems.

Get a chromecast and just cast it from your lap top or tablet to the TV.