4/7 White Sox at Oakland game thread

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 07:23 AM)
Offense needs to put about 8 runs on the board. Latos needs to go at least 5 innings and be solid. I want to see a solid outing from him. No blow up innings.

Given last year, I'd feel a lot better if the Sox had a nice day offensively. They're definitely a lot better on paper this year, but still. I want to see it in a regular-season game.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 08:02 AM)
I'd like to see Melky get a stab at some bad pitching to get him rolling.

He's had some hard hit balls as well (not just all weak grounders), just has little to show of it. That at bat and single in the ninth were good. I'd let him play. He's gonna have himself a game today :)

Plus, sample size people...sample size.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
What? Batting averages after 3 games aren't relevant? You mean to tell me Eaton isn't going to hit .636 this year? That's disappointing.

I think he will. Remember, he's doing it for the memory of Drake.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)
Eaton CF Cabrera DH Abreu 1B Frazier 3B Garcia RF Shuck LF Lawrie 2B Navarro C Saladino SS

Not sure I understand this lineup. Not sure I would sit one of the better bats so far this season in Jackson in favor of Melky and Avi.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
Why is Avi playing over Jackson? Ugh.

I would have gone:

CF Jackson

DH Eaton

1B Abreu

3B Frazier

LF Cabrera

2B Lawrie

RF Shuck

C Navarro

SS Saladino

Especially with Latos on the mound, way more balls will be put in play.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
Why is Avi playing over Jackson? Ugh.

I would have gone:

CF Jackson

DH Eaton

1B Abreu

3B Frazier

LF Cabrera

2B Lawrie

RF Shuck

C Navarro

SS Saladino

I was thinking about that last night. Jackson leading off like he did in Detroit for awhile.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 26m26 minutes ago

Nobody in #WhiteSox starting lineup has faced A's starter Kendall Graveman. Austin Jackson, off today, is 1/4. No other exp.

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 26m26 minutes ago

Mat Latos is 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA over 9 1/3 innings covering 2 appearances (1 start) against the Oakland Athletics.

People are going to say this is an overreaction, but stuff like this is exactly why Robin shouldnt be the manager. He's weakening the OF defense in a stadium with a massive outfield for a pitcher that will likely have a lot of balls put in play against him. Not only that, but you're keeping your 2 current weakest hitters in the lineup and sitting the one that is actually hitting and has experience against this pitcher? Not to mention you're moving Melky up to the 2 hole despite a complete absence of on base ability thus far this season? Just absolutely clueless IMO.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)
People are going to say this is an overreaction, but stuff like this is exactly why Robin shouldnt be the manager. He's weakening the OF defense in a stadium with a massive outfield for a pitcher that will likely have a lot of balls put in play against him. Not only that, but you're keeping your 2 current weakest hitters in the lineup and sitting the one that is actually hitting and has experience against this pitcher? Not to mention you're moving Melky up to the 2 hole despite a complete absence of on base ability thus far this season? Just absolutely clueless IMO.

No argument here. It's his 4th year. We've seen quite a few days like this.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)

This is probably the only overreaction in your post. I don't think three games makes his on base ability so horrible that he can't bat second. I agree with the rest.

For a site that seems so concerned with the 25th guy on the roster, players getting their proper days off etc. there is a lot of complaining when the top 9 guys aren't in the line up any particular game. Maybe Jackson needed a break. Maybe sitting him today, has him better prepared for success tomorrow. It's a long season.