4/7 White Sox at Oakland game thread

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 08:29 PM)
Because if you are negative now with the team 2-1 playing decently, what could actually make you happy during the season? First nitpick over who they keep as the 25th guy, and then when they do use the bench, complain they are using the bench. Every little thing. Why can't you just enjoy the game? It always comes back to but. The Sox won but, he's hitting well and looks like he's improved but, he is pitching well but, to each his own but to me that's kind of miserable.

I'm not miserable watching the games. When negative stuff happens and a game thread is going on, it's easy to rail on the negative happenings rather than just wait for the rally.

For instance what does it hurt to point out Lawrie, Abreu and several other guys aren't hitting?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm ready for Carlos Sanchez. Never really felt Lawrie was much of an upgrade at 2B. 3B sure but with Frazier that point is moot.

3.5 games man.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm ready for Carlos Sanchez. Never really felt Lawrie was much of an upgrade at 2B. 3B sure but with Frazier that point is moot.

I'm not too worried about Lawrie, he has enough of a track record that we know he will hit around 15 home runs and hit .250 or above. He could also be pressing since we are in Oakland

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)

Lawrie's stats scream "average ballplayer." He is what he is. He's worth the 3 mill a year probably.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
Lawrie's stats scream "average ballplayer." He is what he is. He's worth the 3 mill a year probably.

We could use more average ballplayers after all the terrible ones we've had to suffer through recently.