JB Shuck Optioned to Charlotte

SoCalSox

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 10:22 PM)
Lefty, speedy, good defense.....and he gets sent down in favor of Sands....sigh.

I like JB but he doesn't have a hit and had a real bad misplay in LF. I don"t think he being in Charlotte is going to cost the Sox a shot at the playoffs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 10:25 PM)
I like JB but he doesn't have a hit and had a real bad misplay in LF. I don"t think he being in Charlotte is going to cost the Sox a shot at the playoffs.

Right there with you.

I am going to guess that Ynoa gets the call.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)
Right there with you.

I am going to guess that Ynoa gets the call.

He hasn't really pitched above A+. I think it was one thing for a day or two when Eaton gone, but this is going to be for 10+ days. I say Turmer. Charlotte is actually ripe with last pitchers on the roster types, so we'll have our choosing I guess.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 11:44 PM)
I'd agree based on the Sox not wanting to mess with Charlotte's rotation but if they don't care about that might be Gonzales or Turner for possible long relief.

Neither Gonzalez nor Turner can be sent back down if called up. I think it's likely to be one of Kahnle/Webb/Ynoa - all guys they can send back down in a few days.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 11:55 PM)
Neither Gonzalez nor Turner can be sent back down if called up. I think it's likely to be one of Kahnle/Webb/Ynoa - all guys they can send back down in a few days.

Gonzalez I believe has an option left meaning it's good for this season so I believe he could.

Sidenote: are you the same CWSPALEHOSECWS that works on the OSFM rosters for MLB the show? The guy who does the White Sox portion?

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 10:22 PM)
Lefty, speedy, good defense.....and he gets sent down in favor of Sands....sigh.

Sands doesn't have any minor league options. Shuck does.

So who gets called up?

Could be any of:

Charlotte relievers: Kahnle, Smith, Marin

Charlotte starters to work in relief: Turner, Johnson (due to start today), Gonzalez

BHAM: Ynoa

Wouldn't be Volstad who just pitched last night. Wouldn't be Beck who is just getting back in a groove from his surgery.

I'll guess one of the CHAR relievers. Kahnle makes the most sense, he's on the 40 and the closest to ready. Marin is used to longer innings so he may work, but he'd need to be added. Same with Smith. I doubt they take E Johnson off his routine. Ynoa maybe an outside shot.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:41 AM)
Sands doesn't have any minor league options. Shuck does.

So who gets called up?

Could be any of:

Charlotte relievers: Kahnle, Smith, Marin

Charlotte starters to work in relief: Turner, Johnson (due to start today), Gonzalez

BHAM: Ynoa

Wouldn't be Volstad who just pitched last night. Wouldn't be Beck who is just getting back in a groove from his surgery.

I'll guess one of the CHAR relievers. Kahnle makes the most sense, he's on the 40 and the closest to ready. Marin is used to longer innings so he may work, but he'd need to be added. Same with Smith. I doubt they take E Johnson off his routine. Ynoa maybe an outside shot.

I think Ynoa pitched last night, so I doubt it will be him. I would think it's Kahnle or EJ. If Latos doesn't go long tonight they may need EJ to be the sacrificial lamb. Kudos to the relievers only giving up 2 last night.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 10:11 AM)
Beck started on the 15th. Today is the 19th.

He was listed as the starter for today originally. He does make some sense - he's on the 40, and 3 days rest is plenty for a bullpen role on shorter innings. Then again, as I said earlier, he's probably on a strict regimen coming off an injury season so maybe not.