4/26 Game thread: @ Toronto, 6:07pm, WPWR

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
Stop baiting threads. We all get it, your posts are infallible and you never say a bad thing about the sox in fear of it being thrown back in your face like you love to do to everyone else.

I am not baiting anything. If anything he was baiting me after he b****ed about the hot head Chris Sale, and I posted numbers showing he was full of s***.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Television stations for tonite's game:

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Chicago White Sox at Toronto Blue Jays

Stadium: Rogers Centre

Announcers: Steve Stone and Jason Benetti

Game telecast time: 6:00 PM Central / 7:00 PM Eastern *

'WGN Sports on my50'

7 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WPWR-TV Gary, Channel 50 (my network TV)

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 08:22 AM)
Yes, his career 2.88 ERA, 10.2 strikeouts per 9. 7.4 hits per 9, and the Blue Jays collective .196/.284/.320 split suggest this.

They really need to trade him before it's too late.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
Chris Sale is one of the best pitchers in baseball. What he really "tends" to do is pitch really well. Maybe someday you will see that. But by all means, make up something he tends to do so you can be pessimistic about any game he pitches. Facts suck.

Nobody ever said that he should be traded, you did. Nobody said he wasn't one of the best pitchers in baseball, you just made it up. Sale is known to have a temper and be a bit of a hot head. It has on occasion caused him to overthrow.

Every pitcher has a flaw. Sometimes these flaws are discussed. When they are discussed, people aren't saying "This guy is the worst pitcher ever, trade him now". Only you are saying that to get a raise out of people.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
I dislike not having csn pitchtracker.

Yeah all broadcasts need that (except for ESPN's K Zone overlay, that's unnecessary). I also wouldn't mind having statcast stats (exit velocity, launch angle, etc.) on replays.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 08:07 AM)
Sale is great and everything, but I hope he doesn't get frustrated by a Donaldson/Encarnacion/Bautista/Tulowitzki hit, start overthrowing, and allow a HR to one of them

I would almost be willing to bet money that he is going to let up a home run tonight

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
I would almost be willing to bet money that he is going to let up a home run tonight
15 and 6 after tonight. Sox will be 16 and 6 tomorrow. My prediction. 16 and 6 was Dick Donovan's record for the white sox in 1959. while sale goes 5 and o tonight.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
I am not baiting anything. If anything he was baiting me after he b****ed about the hot head Chris Sale, and I posted numbers showing he was full of s***.

05d.jpg

Edited by pettie4sox

A lot of people talking about the Sox bad history with kunckleballers. While that may be the case, this group has surprised us more than a few times this year. I wouldn't base the outcome of this game off of previous performances. See our road record this year, including trips to Oakland and Minnesota. Track records in those parks haven't necessarily been good, but they destroyed both of those teams at their home field. I don't think we really can apply past performances accurately to this team. We will see tonight.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
trolls.jpg

DA here is your new avatar.

Change immediately!

You post this about Chris Sale:

This. He has a tendency to start chucking wildly and getting into a lot of trouble.

And think someone else is a troll?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
Not everything is about you.

This is about Chicago White Sox - our faithful brethren and poster. He's the GOAT OP. Good morrow to him once again.

Wonderful avatar from you sir. I would expect nothing less from you.

f***ING LIKE A CAT!

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)
Not everything is about you.

This is about Chicago White Sox - our faithful brethren and poster. He's the GOAT OP. Good morrow to him once again.

Wonderful avatar from you sir. I would expect nothing less from you.

I was kidding. Lighten up Francis

Edited by SouthSideSale

Current Sox players batting .303/.358/.687 against Dickey.

Rollins, Melky, Frazier, Jackson and Abreu have all teed off on him, Abreu has hit 3 HR in just 9 PA, overall this group has hit 9 HR in just 99 AB against Dickey.

Source

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)
Current Sox players batting .303/.358/.687 against Dickey.

Rollins, Melky, Frazier, Jackson and Abreu have all teed off on him, Abreu has hit 3 HR in just 9 PA, overall this group has hit 9 HR in just 99 AB against Dickey.

Source

It really depends on which Dickey you get. If he's got the good knuckler going, you never know.