May is going to be difficult

bmags

QUOTE (gosoxgo2005 @ May 2, 2016 -> 01:42 PM)
I'm deathly afraid of what Boegarts, Betts, Ramirez, Shaw, Papi, and Pedroia are gonna do to Danks on Wednesday.

If he blows a wad and gives up a fat crooked number in like 1/3 IP, good... It's the final nail in the coffin and we move on. (Hopefully)

Honestly, they won't have a choice to not address Danks if he wets the bed big time... So I say, bring it.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 2, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
It's for the best. The guys needed a breather.

f*** that. My being entertained is far more important than Todd Frazier taking a rest, he should expire on the field if that is what I require!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 2, 2016 -> 05:00 PM)
f*** that. My being entertained is far more important than Todd Frazier taking a rest, he should expire on the field if that is what I require!

Case in point.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ May 2, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)
How is May any tougher than April?

It may prove out not to be, but the Sox need to show they can consistently beat the four other teams in their division.

Really, if the Sox are truly a very good team, then other teams have to worry about playing them...not the other way.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 2, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
As a penguins fan, I love days off! Lol it's allowing me to watch this and not have to flip back and forth and not nearly have a heart attack like Saturday night.

Go Caps!

Yeah, it's seemingly implausible the Yankees will still be playing THIS terribly when we get them.

Same with the MN/Houston dilemma. They get to play each other this week, so presumably one of them will emerge with more confidence (Twins are winning the opener 5-1)...it's so hard to tell this season.

On paper, Wright/Buchholz/Owens should mean 2/3 for the Sox.

But it's probably preferable psychologically to follow the Jim Margalus trick over at SSS of simply predicting 1/3 and being pleasantly surprised each time.

One thing's for sure, we have to be ready for AL Central Division opponents this year. It has seemingly been ages since we dominated within our own division.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (aryzner @ May 2, 2016 -> 06:25 PM)
The American League in general is not easy, in my opinion.

The NL is outscoring the AL so far this year but I think that's because the good teams are fattening up on the dregs. The Sox won't be playing very many bottom feeders like the Braves , Brewers, Padres and Reds unless Houston and the Twinkies keep playing so much different than they did last year.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 2, 2016 -> 11:41 PM)
The NL is outscoring the AL so far this year but I think that's because the good teams are fattening up on the dregs. The Sox won't be playing very many bottom feeders like the Braves , Brewers, Padres and Reds unless Houston and the Twinkies keep playing so much different than they did last year.

It's exactly why. Just look at the pitching stats. Out of the bottom 10, 7 of them are NL teams.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 2, 2016 -> 07:58 PM)
They're all going to be difficult. The only easy marks on the schedule are Twins and Braves.

QUOTE (aryzner @ May 2, 2016 -> 08:25 PM)
The American League in general is not easy, in my opinion.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 2, 2016 -> 11:41 PM)

Yep, there aren't gonna be a lot of peaceful weeks on the schedule. Too bad we aren't in the cupcake league.

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 3, 2016 -> 09:05 AM)
Yep, there aren't gonna be a lot of peaceful weeks on the schedule. Too bad we aren't in the cupcake league.

Exactly, I'm pretty sure at this point in the season, opposing teams forums look at the Sox on their schedule and consider that a very difficult series. It's a good feeling