5/3 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, CSN

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ May 3, 2016 -> 08:32 PM)
Q should be done now. I'm a big believer in keeping guys in for 1-0 and 2-1 games unless the pitch count is way up there.

Agreed. Now of course you create that uneasy situation where the closer has a 3-4 run lead and then pitches his way into trouble invariably. (Or maybe it's completely blown wide open the way this is developing.)

The challenge is finding the right reliever (one would think Putnam or perhaps giving Petricka another shot) to finish the game if it's not 4-1. Albers has been used quite a bit. Of course, the other options would be Duke or Jennings. Or maybe Ventura wants to give Jones more experience in the 9th inning. Lots of choices, but not easy to decide on one.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 3, 2016 -> 08:39 PM)
Wait, didn't Boston just use their challenge?

exactly...wtf do you even have a set number of challenges if a manager can come out and whine. I used to be all for replay...but honestly it's turned into a f***ing waste of time. I can live with the "human factor".

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 4, 2016 -> 02:40 AM)
exactly...wtf do you even have a set number of challenges if a manager can come out and whine. I used to be all for replay...but honestly it's turned into a f***ing waste of time. I can live with the "human factor".

The human factor ended in that Tiger no hitter.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 3, 2016 -> 09:39 PM)
Yeah it looked out to me. Wasn't the manager out of challenges?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 3, 2016 -> 09:39 PM)
Yea Farrell shouldn't have gotten that review that is bulls***

the umpires have discretion to go to replay starting in the 7th inning.