5/11 - White Sox @ Rangers

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 11, 2016 -> 07:23 AM)
Man am I glad I went to bed. What in the actual f*** happened? Good luck against Hamels now lol

That's how I feel lol I started new job downtown on Monday and training is exhausting so I crash early last night. Went to bed when it was like 10-5.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 11, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
Among qualified starting pitchers, he's eighth in walk rate at 11.3%, that's pretty bad.

His K:BB is right in line with Keuchel thus far. Still striking out 1 per inning. It's also better than Latos (though not surprising seeing as that's not what Latos is known for)

However, just saying, I don't think this is a good matchup for us today.

If I were to step back -- I'm calling:

Rangers 7

Sox 2

Hamels goes 7 innings. Strikes out 8, Walks 2. 2ER

Latos goes 6, 5ER

And I'm pretty good at stepping back and being smart on this - so i'll eat crow if im wrong - but I'm like 90% betting on the Sox this year (yesterday being one of my few losses --- wasn't fun waking up thinking I had won $$ and actually lost money....)

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ May 11, 2016 -> 12:53 PM)
His K:BB is right in line with Keuchel thus far. Still striking out 1 per inning. It's also better than Latos (though not surprising seeing as that's not what Latos is known for)

However, just saying, I don't think this is a good matchup for us today.

If I were to step back -- I'm calling:

Rangers 7

Sox 2

Hamels goes 7 innings. Strikes out 8, Walks 2. 2ER

Latos goes 6, 5ER

And I'm pretty good at stepping back and being smart on this - so i'll eat crow if im wrong - but I'm like 90% betting on the Sox this year (yesterday being one of my few losses --- wasn't fun waking up thinking I had won $$ and actually lost money....)

Implying that this is a good thing. I'm not saying the pitching matchup favors us or anything, but Hamels shouldn't scare us that much either, especially if he continues to pitch the way he has and the offense continues to be as patient as it has.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 11, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
Implying that this is a good thing. I'm not saying the pitching matchup favors us or anything, but Hamels shouldn't scare us that much either, especially if he continues to pitch the way he has and the offense continues to be as patient as it has.

I know being on a message board everybody deals in sample sizes with a short memory. We're all Avi fans now. Before he was garbage.

Keuchel and Hamels are Top 30 pitchers in the league. Latos signed a 1 yr 3mm deal. We have batters who historically strike out a decent amount and don't take a ton of walks.

So yes, just using a step back approach - this is not good on paper. That being said this year hasn't really gone according to script.

I'm just saying you give me $1,000 and tell me I have to bet on this game? I'm taking Texas -1.5. Also I'd take Hamels over everybody in our rotation save Q and Sale.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
And I'm still trying to figure out what Austin Jackson did that was so egregious.

It wasn't like Sands' play the night before. It might have been a slight misread and it almost felt like he wasn't tracking it....that it either carried a lot better than he expected to the deepest part of the park OR he drifted too much with it instead of sprinting across like that amazing basket catch over the weekend where he had a 96% route accuracy and was going at almost 20 MPH.

Watching it on video a bunch of times, it just feels like he wasn't quite running all out and misjudged it a hair, but, once again, that ball was crushed by Desmond and certainly not close to an error. It's probably one that he catches 7 or 8 times out of 10, though.

The wind has been a big factor in this series for sure.