5/20- Kansas City @ White Sox- 7:10 PM CT

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 20, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)
Eaton

Abreu

Frazier

Cabrera

Lawrie

Garcia

Avila

Jackson

Saladino

This is a different lineup. I like it and we'll see how it goes tonight.

I think this might be the best line up we can put out there right now (Replace Navarro with Avila offensively). But I like it

An ideal lineup would be

Eaton

Abreu

Melky

Frazier

Lawrie

Garcia

Avila/Navarro

Rollins/Saladino

Jackson

Jackson batting ninth gives the team another lead off hitter essentially

Edited by Joshua Strong

Ideal?.....but there's a HUGE issue if Lawrie and Garcia are both scuffling offensively, you really need to have at least five offensive threats in a line-up to keep it balanced or it becomes too top heavy.

I'm walking Frazier every time to pitch to Lawrie right now, going for another K.

If Saladino/Rollins and Jackson could actually get on base at a decent clip, it would be very effective, because all three of those guys have good speed, along with Eaton at the top.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 20, 2016 -> 05:16 PM)
Not really, gets him more PA and also lets him bat without Rollins or Jackson making an automatic out after Eaton gets on.

But if Eaton does not get on, he is your "lead-off hitter" in the first. Regardless, I like a big lineup change going in to a big series. Confuse those sh** kickers from KC.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 20, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)
But if Eaton does not get on, he is your "lead-off hitter" in the first. Regardless, I like a big lineup change going in to a big series. Confuse those sh** kickers from KC.

No problem with Jose in that situation either. Basically you want your best hitters hitting 1,2, your best power guy 4, 2nd best power guy 5th and rest doesn't really matter -- including the 3rd spot.

Honestly lineup construction has been well analyzed by sabermetrics over the past few years and at absolute best you're talking the difference in 5-15 runs over the course of a year -- so 1 win.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 20, 2016 -> 08:03 PM)
55 of the next 114 (48.2%) are against the Royals, Indians, and Tigers. So let's be the best and make the postseason. Do it!

God I f***ing hate the schedule now. Inter league all year and what, 60 odd games in the division every year? Gets boring.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 20, 2016 -> 07:04 PM)
God I f***ing hate the schedule now. Inter league all year and what, 60 odd games in the division every year? Gets boring.

About 76 against the division. I wish we played other teams in AL more. They definitely need to add two more teams to go back to minimal interleague.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 20, 2016 -> 07:04 PM)

Agreed. If it were up to me, there would be no divisions. Just 15 teams in each league playing a close-to-balanced schedule and the top 3 make the playoffs, and the 4th and 5th best teams play one game to get in.

As far as interleague, I'd get it down to 12 games instead of 20.

Edited by flavum

Buchholz sucks.

Red Sox are going to have to get their average of 7 runs per game at Fenway. They have 7 consecutive guys in that line-up on track for 80 RBI's or more.

Meanwhile, the Indians just scored 43 against the Reds and went from 10th in the AL in runs scored to 2nd (to Boston).

Boston desperately needs to add one more starter to go with Price, Wright and Porcello (Sonny Gray?)...Buchholz is a disaster, Kelly's a question mark and nobody knows when Eddie Rodriguez will return from his knee problems.

Btw, Blake Swihart is making his debut in LF, with Christian Vasquez at catcher.

Lindor saving one run defensively and gaining another with a great slide to just beat the throw home from Bradley, Jr.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 20, 2016 -> 06:04 PM)

It would only be nice if we had the Twins on the upcoming schedule to get our offense going again.

But, if we can't muster any offense against Gee, Duffy and Ventura...

Cain and Salvy Perez, those are the two righties that can hurt you in this line-up. That's basically it.

Quintana seems determined to match Chris Sale. Throwing 94-95 MPH?

Edited by caulfield12