5/31/16 Game Thread: White Sox @ Mets

hogan873

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ May 31, 2016 -> 07:04 PM)
Absolutely...it is a bad re-run season after season. Same thing.

Yet KW and RV still cashing checks just incredible how bad this organization is top to bottom.

There is absolutely zero doubt at this point they will stubbornly cling to Sale and Quintana no matter what. Rooting for losses may be founded in some fundamental idea that a rebuild could be beneficial, but the Sox will NEVER rebuild. Wasting Chris Sale in particular is almost criminal.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ May 31, 2016 -> 06:03 PM)
Better yet, Gonzalez vs. DeGrom tomorrow. Should be a doozy!!

On the bright side, Cleveland is losing and hopefully that stands. Then, hopefully KC will lose and we will still only be 2 GB. YAY!! Pretty sad. I think this division is weak, too bad we aren't any good.

Well, Gee's on the mound, so this is TB's best chance.

That said, it's a different KC team playing with a ton of confidence after taking 2/3 from BOS (arguably the best team in the AL) and then rallying the last four consecutive games with late-inning heroics.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 31, 2016 -> 07:04 PM)
We're back to the "do we really want them to win OR do we actually want to see how many losses they can absorb before they have no choice but to do something about it?"

Feels like 2013-2015 all over again. These same debates.

Incredible.

The Sox are never going to be a good organization until they tear it down to the studs and bring in good baseball people- scouts, instructors, management, etc. So, never.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 31, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
Nothing of value, this is still the White Sox, but the thing about playing the Mets in NY (and making Harvey look resurgent) is the national attention that draws. Lots of people are wondering how the Sox, riding so high a couple weeks ago, look so bad now. Hahn is the one they really want to protect.

That's my point. I hope you're right, I've just seen this movie before.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 31, 2016 -> 07:06 PM)
Well, Gee's on the mound, so this is TB's best chance.

That said, it's a different KC team playing with a ton of confidence after taking 2/3 from BOS (arguably the best team in the AL) and then rallying the last four consecutive games with late-inning heroics.

I hear ya with that KC confidence...but man, who the hell are half those guys in the starting lineup now? You have to remember...they beat the White Sox 3 of those games. And after all, we are their bi***es :)

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 01:08 AM)
The Sox are never going to be a good organization until they tear it down to the studs and bring in good baseball people- scouts, instructors, management, etc. So, never.

Fire Hahn, hire McLeod. Give Renteria two years.

This is baseball and anything can happen, but I certainly didn't look at this matchup and say, oh yes, we will win this. We have lost a ton of games this year that were winnable / ours to win. Failure to do so is why they are where they are right now (and with negative momentum). Aren't near as bad as this losing streak, but hard to be much more than a .500 team anyway when you have some of the guys in this rotation that exist (especially when the pen is going to struggle and some of the key bats are going to be quiet).

This team was going to need a few things to go right to be a playoff team and while some have gone right, others have gone wrong (i.e., Abreu). Still, they are fully capable of being in the thick of things closer to the deadline and if they are (presuming they can get back to playing at least consistently .500 to slightly above .500 ball), than I see no reason they shouldn't go for it. If this continues another two weeks, then yes, it is time to pull the plug (and lets be frank, if this goes another week, I think they have to make the first move which is dumping Ventura just to see if somehow it does something and putting Renteria in as the guy). If it works, great, if it doesn't, you are in the same place in the off-season that you would be anyway (as there was no way Robin was going to survive a less than stellar campaign, imo).

I dont want to get too defeatist because I could easily be very wrong, but 14 years from now this season could be looked back on as the beginning of the end of the Chicago White Sox. The fall this hard after the start they've had...man its hard to believe things ever get better for this team.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 31, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)
I dont want to get too defeatist because I could easily be very wrong, but 14 years from now this season could be looked back on as the beginning of the end of the Chicago White Sox. The fall this hard after the start they've had...man its hard to believe things ever get better for this team.

Not only that, but the direction that Cubs organization is going...uh oh. Can't wait for them to have their own cable network. Ouch.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 12:12 AM)

Nothing like the media proclaiming Chicago is Baseball City USA and a few weeks later, Sox have completely tanked while Cubs continue to dominate. Been a real rough few weeks as a Sox fan

Can't everyone just realize this team sucks? From the top to bottom who needs go first. ventura, kw, sands, albers, avilla, duke, Latos ,Garcia, abreu to dh, shuck. I'm hoping for white flag trade where quintana, Cabrera, Frazier, Robertson, eaton all gone, they deserve better. Theyd bring in. Ton of talent. Maybe even sale and abreu can be traded if Jose can get a hotstreak, cause he is horrible clutch hitter. We might as well bring up knights team, it can't be any worse Sox historically the worst team in baseball since john danks released. Maybe his presence was important , could of been in bullpen for mop up. Shields probably have up 10 runs on purpose not get traded here. Such a disappointment of mental midgets playing like garbage for a stupid manager.

Not only that, but the direction that Cubs organization is going...uh oh. Can't wait for them to have their own cable network. Ouch.

Well the one thing that will probably save the Sox is the Cubs. They are undermining the entire appeal of that franchise to begin with this with the hyper-corporatization and adversarial relationship with the neighborhood, the TV money is going to be nowhere near what they were expecting and, despite how great they look now, they are the Cubs.

Meanwhile the Sox will be a $7 ticket right off the Red Line across the Dan Ryan from an area that is going to rapidly improve over the next 15 years.