Nationals (Scherzer) @ Sox (Shields)

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 08:14 PM)
Truly amazing to me that people want to blame KW for this.

100% blame? No, of course not. This is a shared failure across the entire front office, of which Kenny happens to have a job with. Can't fire everyone and keep Kenny.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)

Wait...they should all go, but he doesn't deserve as much or more blame than Hahn? He's Hahn's boss, and he sucked before the move upstairs anyway.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)

It's truly a collective debacle here. They're paid to get it right and they're f***ing way off. Time for some firings ASAP.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:16 AM)
100% blame? No, of course not. This is a shared failure across the entire front office, of which Kenny happens to have a job with. Can't fire everyone and keep Kenny.

Don't disagree, but getting rid of Hahn and Ventura needs to be priority 1. Both guys have never proven they can produce a winner on the field.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)
And wow, Robinson used again in a non save situation, and he f***ing s***s the bed. I am so SHOCKED! /s

was thinking the same thing. Guess it didn't matter tonight--we were going to lost no matter what--but this was entirely predictable.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
It's truly a collective debacle here. They're paid to get it right and they're f***ing way off. Time for some firings ASAP.

I wouldn't. They built the team so you give them the year to finish it. In each of the last two years they've made big changes to the team. It didn't work last year so they got this year. So far it's a tale of 2 months, one really good, one awful.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)
And wow, Robinson used again in a non save situation, and he f***ing s***s the bed. I am so SHOCKED! /s

It actually makes alot of sense. He hasn't worked in a game in awhile and needed to work. They planned on using a position player at the end so let him get game work in.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 10:22 PM)
There are kw fingerprints on a good amount of move Rollins for one, shields, hanging onto avi. I am not sure what Hahn is actually responsible for.

Unbelievable, I'm still saying it was JR's administrative assistant who made the moves.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 10:35 PM)
Wonder what the worst 26 game stretch of any playoff team since 1995 is?

It's probably more applicable to start when they added the extra playoff game. It is easier to make it now then in 1995.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 12:46 AM)
I am on board with that. Things are pretty bleak looking in this game but there is always tomorrow

El Rockin, where do u live? What do u do for work? I just think u are the best fan ever and would love to learn your life story. You sir are the best fan on this board by far.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 12:47 AM)
Who scouts these players for the Sox?

Exactly. We need better advance scouts and ones who make trade decisions and free agent decisions.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 12:48 AM)
Just because I haven't seen anyone else say it:

Erik Johnson would be doing better

I don't know how he'll do with San Diego but I wish he'd have had 10 starts in a row rather than the fill in starts in which he proved he couldn't handle. If he sucks he sucks, but I don't think he was used properly here for what it's worth.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 12:56 AM)
Are you joking? Padres couldn't even get much for him when offering to pay half his contract.

Is Shields better than Peavy? Serious question.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 01:37 AM)
I would be shocked if we weren't no hit tonight.

Thank God we got all these mentally tough veterans to bring us through the tough times.

Exactly. Frazier, Lawrie, Rollins, Melky, even Sale are too quiet. At least say you are embarrassed. Tonight was ridiculous 11-0 and 'cheers' when we get our run. It's like we are the clown princes of baseball. A total joke.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:01 AM)
On the plus side, I think this Nats team could dispense the Cubs in October. They look great.

I was thinking that that is entirely possible. If any team could do it, it's the Nats IMO.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 10:38 PM)
It's probably more applicable to start when they added the extra playoff game. It is easier to make it now than in 1995.

Yeah, but that was only a few years ago, and there have always been weak divisions here and there.