Tim Anderson Called up...Rollins DFA'd

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)
We'll see. Hopefully, they are confident he's ready to learn in the MLB. It doesn't mean he needs to be an All-Star right away. He just needs to show the ability and hoefully the progress. Let's hope the media doesn't "shields" him and create too much hype around it.

But they aren't showing confidence that they have patience for players learning in the MLB considering they've DFA'd like 14 players.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:41 AM)
But they aren't showing confidence that they have patience for players learning in the MLB considering they've DFA'd like 14 players.

Totally different scenarios though.

Speaking of scenario where is that guy?

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
Totally different scenarios though.

Speaking of scenario where is that guy?

Hopefully he was waiting for someone to say scenario to pop back up and say "WELL ACTUALLY"

QUOTE (daggins @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
Not really excited to see TA K like 35% of the time in June/July.

Yeah, we have to keep that in mind though and hope to see adjustments in september.

Let's just keep special attention to teh times where his fast hands adjust mid pitch to make contact with the ball.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:46 AM)
Yeah, we have to keep that in mind though and hope to see adjustments in september.

Let's just keep special attention to teh times where his fast hands adjust mid pitch to make contact with the ball.

Also, it seems he struggles for a month or so at each level and then starts to adjust. It may be longer at the top level, so let's hope his confidence stays with him.

One of things that worries me is I really hope this isnt another move of urgency from the FO. Rushing a guy up who you arent totally sold into being ready just because you think he may bring some offense to the team is so dangerous. This kid cannot be thought to be the savior here. He might be wanting to be the savior knowing that the team is struggling which is overwhelming for a young kid....even for the best of the best prospects in the league.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
He's pretty "loud" at the plate. Lots of bat movement getting ready to hit. We'll see how that plays.

If it plays well, it will be awesome, because not only does he look like an awesome movie casting of a baseball player, but also swings like gary Sheffield which is how every kid my age tried to swing growing up.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
One of things that worries me is I really hope this isnt another move of urgency from the FO. Rushing a guy up who you arent totally sold into being ready just because you think he may bring some offense to the team is so dangerous. This kid cannot be thought to be the savior here. He might be wanting to be the savior knowing that the team is struggling which is overwhelming for a young kid. Even for the best of the best prospects in the league.

As I said earlier, I agree. Let's hope this is because they truly think he is ready.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)
If it plays well, it will be awesome, because not only does he look like an awesome movie casting of a baseball player, but also swings like gary Sheffield which is how every kid my age tried to swing growing up.

There's a really bad joke there somewhere. :lol:

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 10:05 AM)
Sitting here balancing the usual excitement of seeing a top prospect called up with the certainty that they're rushing it. I dunno guys.

I have the same feeling. There hasn't been many hitting prospects to really be excited about. Even Trayce was pretty much whatever. I think Beckham may have been the last one that made people excited and while he was great that year, initially he struggled.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 10:10 AM)
I have the same feeling. There hasn't been many hitting prospects to really be excited about. Even Trayce was pretty much whatever. I think Beckham may have been the last one that made people excited and while he was great that year, initially he struggled.

Before that it was like Josh Fields, I think. Difference is, everyone thought Fields was ready and he was worse than Beckham.

If this is true I'm thrilled at the recent moves from the FO. In the past they would have never made some of them. DFA Danks, Sands, Rollins, Latos and bringing in Shields, Anderson, and Morneau. Then they draft Collins, Burdi, and the OK pitcher.

On Anderson, I think they are in WIN NOW mode and saw that Tyler is not an everyday player. Since he has been playing everyday lately his defense has dipped and his offense is still way below average. At least this move should bring a lot more energy to the ballpark, in the dugout and in the stands.