• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Nelson ‏@SSS_joshnelson 12m12 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Source: White Sox have signed Luis Curbelo

Josh Nelson ‏@SSS_joshnelson 11m11 minutes ago Chicago, IL View translation

Curbelo signs for 700K

Josh Nelson ‏@SSS_joshnelson 8m8 minutes ago Chicago, IL

6th round draft slot was $286,700, so White Sox go quite a bit overslot at $700K with Luis Curbelo, just like last year with Corey Zangari

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:41 AM)
They seem to be wrapping this up pretty well, although not sure why paid Call, a clear reach, full slot.

They like him a lot more than the industry did apparently. He walks a lot, is athletic, can play defense, and hit 14 homers. Maybe he'll surprise.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)
Hostetler said that they will Collins a week or 2 to relax and catch his breath before they send him to W-S. So if it takes a little bit for the signing, I presume that's why.

They must have a lot of confidence in him to send him straight to A+.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 12:11 AM)

Sox have always been aggressive with their prospects. I still can't believe they sent Anderson to Kanny straight out of JUCO for example.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 12:11 AM)

I figured he might go to Kannapolis but he doesn't belong at Great Falls or the AZL. Makes some sense. I think Burdi will join him soon as well.

The FS Draft Tracker is up to date. Stats:

28 signed

2 still playing

7 won't sign

4 open questions: Madden (25th - no idea on him), Bossard (31st, but I'm guessing he isn't signing or would have by now), Cooley (36th, told me directly that he and his family are discussing it), and Puglielli (who emailed Future Sox to say he has a commit to Barry University, but didn't say if that meant he was sticking with it)

So really, Madden and Cooley are the ones I am trying to get info on.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 09:53 AM)
The FS Draft Tracker is up to date. Stats:

28 signed

2 still playing

7 won't sign

4 open questions: Madden (25th - no idea on him), Bossard (31st, but I'm guessing he isn't signing or would have by now), Cooley (36th, told me directly that he and his family are discussing it), and Puglielli (who emailed Future Sox to say he has a commit to Barry University, but didn't say if that meant he was sticking with it)

So really, Madden and Cooley are the ones I am trying to get info on.

Where's the outrage of the Sox drafting a kid of a staff member? Or does that only apply when it's KW or Ozzie's kids? :D

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
Where's the outrage of the Sox drafting a kid of a staff member? Or does that only apply when it's KW or Ozzie's kids? :D

Oh I don't like them doing it at all. They also sort of did it with Jaxon Shirley in this draft, son of a Sox scout. But here's the thing - Bossard and Shirley are legit prospects, and these were late round picks, so it's not AS bad as it could be (though I think they are still wasted picks because they aren't signing). My outrage level though, was only reserved for KW Jr, who was drafted in the 6th round, when other teams didn't even scout him as a prospect. That was insulting and absurd.