2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 27, 2017 -> 02:44 PM)
godzilla-facepalm_o_204968.jpg

He was a sweet dumb kid who just wanted to play ball and do the right thing. He really was a breath of fresh air. Then someone got to him. Now he comes off as still very dumb but with arrogance. Supposedly he teammates (except for maybe Buckets) still really like him.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 27, 2017 -> 01:49 PM)
And it is still meaningless, especially because GS is doing the exact same thing.

1) Barkley did call out Durant for going to the Warriors;

2) It's not the same. No one on the Warriors is b****ing about the team not doing enough. Barkley called out Lebron for whining despite the fact that he already has a good roster full of all-stars and a GM who has spent tons of money for players HE demanded, like Thompson and Smith.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 27, 2017 -> 01:46 PM)
These are players who, while ineffective as starters, are fantastic bench players to come in and log effective minutes.

Yep. Deron Williams in particular is just a huge upgrade for the Cavs. Their backup PG play has been horrendous this year and you now add a guy who is the best backup PG in the NBA (unless you count Mills but Mills is better than Parker at this point). That is a big deal.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Feb 27, 2017 -> 03:07 PM)
1) Barkley did call out Durant for going to the Warriors;

2) It's not the same. No one on the Warriors is b****ing about the team not doing enough. Barkley called out Lebron for whining despite the fact that he already has a good roster full of all-stars and a GM who has spent tons of money for players HE demanded, like Thompson and Smith.

I don't agree with you much, but you are 100% dead on here.

I truly hope KD is not hurt too badly, but it is not sounding good. I'm hoping for the best, as I think Cavs/Warriors with everyone healthy would be an epic series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-warri...-085809477.html

The Golden State Warriors are bracing for the possibility that All-Star forward Kevin Durant could be lost for the rest of the regular season – or perhaps longer – with a left knee injury, league sources told The Vertical.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 1, 2017 -> 07:18 AM)
Congrats on your 4th ring, LeBron. It's going to come with a billion asterisks. But congrats, I guess.

This is where I have to ask whether being an iron man counts for anything?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2017 -> 07:21 AM)
This is where I have to ask whether being an iron man counts for anything?

Of course it does. Best ability is availability. How many games has LeBron missed in his career because he was legitimately hurt? 5? Maybe 10? There's never been anyone like him and more than likely never will be anyone like him from a durability standpoint.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2017 -> 07:08 AM)
I truly hope KD is not hurt too badly, but it is not sounding good. I'm hoping for the best, as I think Cavs/Warriors with everyone healthy would be an epic series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-warri...-085809477.html

The Golden State Warriors are bracing for the possibility that All-Star forward Kevin Durant could be lost for the rest of the regular season – or perhaps longer – with a left knee injury, league sources told The Vertical.

The radio, ya know where all good sources come from. I actually missed your link to be honest and just saw your guys' posts so my bad. I've been sick the last few days, leave me alone. ;)

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 1, 2017 -> 08:05 AM)
The radio, ya know where all good sources come from. I actually missed your link to be honest and just saw your guys' posts so my bad. I've been sick the last few days, leave me alone. ;)

I feel ya, brother.