2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the NBA so funny sometimes.

Any asshole who follows the league knows Nurkic has a monster ceiling. He winds up on the same team as Nikola Jokic and gets his playing time f***ed and, at age 22, gets cast off for a relatively decent big AND A DOWNGRADE OF A DRAFT PICK.

Somehow, that's the best the Nuggets could do. And after the deal all the pundits said the Nuggets got the better end of the deal and I was just sitting here like wtf.

Oh but he doesn't defend the pick and roll well, they said. Oh but his screens aren't great, they said.

Now he's beasting. F*ck everyone. Primarily, though, f*** the Bulls FO for having a chance to right a wrong and not taking it.

F*cking picks that led to Gary Harris and Jusuf Nurkic for Doug McDermott. F*ck you, Bulls.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 10, 2017 -> 09:00 PM)
In so many ways.....

They want to compete with the Bears for worst run orgs in Chicago.

Bears gained some ground these last couple days so they might be neck and neck right now.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 12, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
This Bulls team is complete trash. Why shouldn't we have traded Butler for the two Nets pick if that was actually on the table again?

He's been pretty mediocre since the break. Still a fantastic two-way player. There's just too many guys in the league that's better than him or will be better than him. I'm just hoping if it was offered (the two nets picks) that we never find out about it. I don't want to go to jail for hurting someone.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 12, 2017 -> 10:00 PM)
Also, Dario Saric can play. I mean REALLY play. He's had a better rookie year than Parker and Ginobili. Sam Hinke is a genius who got screwed. The Sixers will be running the eastern conference by 2019.

So you're not even gonna wait for Embiid to stay healthy to spout your hyperbole?

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 12:20 AM)
So you're not even gonna wait for Embiid to stay healthy to spout your hyperbole?

Nope. Embiid is a league-altering, game-changing, wildcard at this point. Even without him you have Simmons, Saric, and Covington. Trade that piece of s*** Okafor for whatever. They've got their pick and potentially the Lakers pick this summer. They're going to be a beast. Sam Hinke is a f***ing Alpha.

It's a shame that the reason Hinke was cut short was very likely his stupid tinkering around the edges of the roster and making enemies with player agents and the union. Had he just signed a few more terrible vets, they'd still ahve been as terrible but he'd be in charge of this thing as it revs up.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 09:26 AM)
It's a shame that the reason Hinke was cut short was very likely his stupid tinkering around the edges of the roster and making enemies with player agents and the union. Had he just signed a few more terrible vets, they'd still ahve been as terrible but he'd be in charge of this thing as it revs up.

I will say I need to agree with a previous poster despite the way he posted it. Right now we're talking about a roster "revving up" that consists of...

- a great talent yet to play in an NBA game in Ben Simmons

- a great talent who's played 31 of a possilble 246 games in Joel Embiid. This is way worse than Greg Oden's track record was at the same time

- Dario Saric

There's a ton of work to be done here still.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
I will say I need to agree with a previous poster despite the way he posted it. Right now we're talking about a roster "revving up" that consists of...

- a great talent yet to play in an NBA game in Ben Simmons

- a great talent who's played 31 of a possilble 246 games in Joel Embiid. This is way worse than Greg Oden's track record was at the same time

- Dario Saric

There's a ton of work to be done here still.

In your scenario, there actually isn't a ton of work. A healthy Embiid (yes, something we might not ever see) alone makes them a playoff team. It's all about filling out the roster with roleplayers at that point. My scenario doesn't include Embiid. And they're still gonna be great if they don't f*** up like they did taking Okafor over Unicorn.

I don't get it. Whenever I watch Valentine, I see a guy who has flashed more then Jerian Grant has ever flashed. I'm glad he's starting to get minutes, because he actually can pass. But man, this Bulls team is playing awful. I am curious if anything happens in the off-season. I may not have been okay moving Butler, but I green lighted moving everyone else and am okay playing young guys and sucking for the time being, because hitting on any of those young guys will be critical.

In the limited chance I've watched him, Payne looks terrible.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)
I don't get it. Whenever I watch Valentine, I see a guy who has flashed more then Jerian Grant has ever flashed. I'm glad he's starting to get minutes, because he actually can pass. But man, this Bulls team is playing awful. I am curious if anything happens in the off-season. I may not have been okay moving Butler, but I green lighted moving everyone else and am okay playing young guys and sucking for the time being, because hitting on any of those young guys will be critical.

In the limited chance I've watched him, Payne looks terrible.

KC Johnson made the point a few days ago - how can any of these guys start to gain confidence/momentum when Hoiberg is playing 10-11 guys a game? If you really want to see the young guns, play them.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 09:14 AM)
KC Johnson made the point a few days ago - how can any of these guys start to gain confidence/momentum when Hoiberg is playing 10-11 guys a game? If you really want to see the young guns, play them.

Hoiberg's rotations (lack thereof and overall inconsistency), haven't exactly put guys in positions to succeed. That said, they may all suck so it might have never mattered. There was a play yesterday where Valentine through a good pass into Felicio and it was like he didn't even know what to do (and completely botched what was a wide-open lay up). Jerian Grant flat out can't pass, yet we play him at PG. I have no idea why we are enamored with him...I don't want a PG who can't pass (unless they are an electric scorer). Having a PG who can't pass, isn't great defensively, and isn't a great offensive player is worthless. We have accumulated a bunch of worthless PG's.

Worse yet...when Wade opts out (which basketball wise, isn't a bad thing), his commentary about his time with the Bulls will be death to the ability to lure any marquee FA (outside of Butler just being a stellar salesguy). I think I mentioned when we signed Wade, that if things went bad, it would put us in a bad spot if he left and was bad-mouthing his time in Chicago and at this point, I can't imagine anything other then that will happen. Which basically means that signing was a failure.

It seems pretty clear from the trade deadline rumors that no changes were coming in the off-season. This appears to be the 2nd consecutive year where an inconsistent Bulls team completely shuts down and collapses late in the year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 11:16 AM)
Hoiberg's rotations (lack thereof and overall inconsistency), haven't exactly put guys in positions to succeed. That said, they may all suck so it might have never mattered. There was a play yesterday where Valentine through a good pass into Felicio and it was like he didn't even know what to do (and completely botched what was a wide-open lay up). Jerian Grant flat out can't pass, yet we play him at PG. I have no idea why we are enamored with him...I don't want a PG who can't pass (unless they are an electric scorer). Having a PG who can't pass, isn't great defensively, and isn't a great offensive player is worthless. We have accumulated a bunch of worthless PG's.

Cam Payne can't pass or shoot. Even Hubie Brown questioned his ability to be a point guard. All their point guards suck. Rondo might be the best one.

How Gar was gushing over Payne, that should be enough to tell you he isn't an NBA level talent evaluator. He probably could pick a good team at the Y.

What was the goal here? Vince Goodwill, who is about as good as it gets as a beat guy even though he is a big Pistons fans, was saying when they traded Taj, things were going to go south that he was the true leader of the team. So if their goal was to fall short and get a lottery pick, then what they did was fine. But Cam Payne sucks. He looks like an 8th grader launching up shots. If the goal was to still make the playoffs, yet more proof that everyone in the world except his bosses knows Gar has no business doing what he is doing.

The problem is they can't shoot 3's at all. That isn't going to work in today's game. Butler's heel is still bothering him, so that doesn't help. I also am sick of hearing about their offensive rebounding. Of course they lead the league or are near the top. No team misses more shots.

Edited by Dick Allen